Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
The one designed to shoot two legged varmints at ranges from 0-600 yards, and beyond.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A308 send a few over here to Pa and I will test fire them in cold weather for you. I promise with my fingers crossed behind my back to send them right back. Man that is one beautiful collection you got there. Gotta check some out for myself. Boon:usa:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, to answer your question the one on the right. I am Curios about the "Tanker Garand" is it .308 or .30-06? Mine is .30-06. if yours is .308 have you hade any problems with it cycling or functioning etc.
Did you buy it like that or have some one shorten it? I bought Mine from arlington armoury about 7 years ago and when I first fired it it would double or triple fire with each trigger pull. I fixed that problem and have had none since. But I have a friend who has a .308 version and has been having various problems with short stroking and ejection. I think it has something to do with his gasport. Any way you have a nice collection. hope to hear from you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Tanker is a .308 version made by Federal Ordinance, was a real butcher job done by them. I had several problems in functioning, but have replaced parts and given it some attention- Works great now.
The gas port needs to be slightly enlarged from a standard opening, sometimes they come that way-sometimes they don't. I think Fed Ord could have done a far better job on this rifle; but I will not part with it now :)

(I swithed computers, and could not get my previous profile to work.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply a308Garand, I found out my freinds was also a federal oridanance rifle. He is havining the gas port enlarged now to try and fix his problem. I know what you mean about rough, Arlington Ordinance does not do a much better job. I've had to replace my front sight, buttplate and buttplate screws, and will probably get a new stock, but for what I paid for it I can afford to put some money into it. It does shoot nice now, though. And adds something a little different to my collection. Best Regards, USMCGarand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts