Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Tapco collapsible stock for my AK47 w/milled receiver. My existing stock is held on by a top and bottom tang. The new stock just allows for a top tang. I considered taking a dremel to the stock and setting it up for 2 tangs, but it would seriously affect its integrity, (possibly unusable). I have been considering cutting the bottom tang off the receiver. Apparently most milled receivers have just the one tang? I do want a solid rifle and if this connection is a point of weakness would prefer not to alter it. Any input?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would definitely not cut the receiver. I would not modify to fit a TAPCO product of any kind. Why don't you get your moneyback and find something that will work. I believe adaptors are available to use a Magpul AR style colapsible stock that will not de-value your gun and are bolt on options.

You dont state what type of AK you have, but I assure you, if you cut on it it will be instantly worthless.:eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reinforcing my feeling that the rifle itself cannot be permanently modified for value purposes. I would most likely have regretted cutting off the lower tang. I have come up with an idea to modify the Tapco butt stock to safely accommodate the receiver design. I do want to fit an adjustable stock so my granddaughter can safely and accurately shoot it. The only other option is to get a second stock and cut it down to fit her, then switch back when I shoot this rifle or want to restore to Arsenal original condition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same boat

If you get that Tapco collapsible stock to work on your 2 tang milled receiver, if there is any way, could you post a pic of your mod, I would greatly appreciate it. I've got a Poly Tech model AK-47S with a milled two tang. And like you and everyone else, there's now way I want to chop my receiver. I'd like to put a collapsible or folder on it, but still be able to go back to the original.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.