Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ordered a CMP Mossberg M44? I ordered one in April and am still waiting.
I saw one in my local used gun shop in OK condition for $175!
I see that the latest Brownells Catalog has replacement trigger guards.
item #100-000-492
Who sell magazines?
Oh yeah, CMP is almost sold out of them!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got a minty one about four or five months ago, trigger guard intact, but had some shrinkage/no cracks. Bought the aluminum one (replacement) and two magazines with the screw to allow for long rifle and shorts. Mine is in about 98% condition overall and is blued, not parkarized....as done by the armory after heavy use, (re-arsenaled) Paid $200.00 and though it was very high priced, after seeing the others.....blued and parkarized, consider it a deal for sure. Have yet to shoot it, though. Best LTS

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered one from the CMP got it in about 3 weeks. Its a great .22. They sure dont make them like that anymore. cant go wrong for around $90

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my M44 last week. Nice rifle for $75.00!
It has definitly been re-arsenaled as the parkerization looks untouched and you can see all sorts of dings and defects underneath it.
The trigger guard is shrunk so it needs to go.
The stock looks like it has been re-finished. Not the best of jobs as it still has some rough sanding marks!
5 swabs with the bore snake with some hoppes #9 and the bore looks like a mirror. :D
Just ordered a new triggerguard and magazine from Brownells and plan to take it out as soon as its put together.
:beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts