Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm returning from overseas in February 2013 after 17 years in Korea as an Army civilian. I want to receive a CMP Garand at my CONUS address as soon after I arrive as possible in light of how supplies seem to be dwindling fast. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for CMP to ship? I'm considering ordering from over here for arrival in March. When should I send in the paperwork?

·
Registered
437 Posts
They say 30-60 days, but mine have all been more like 30 days.

I would call or email CMP and see if they'll let you specify a "do not ship before" date. They're good folks who are quite capable of thinking outside the box.
There's also a CMP forum on their website where you could post your query and get reliable information as to how to go about doing it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The grade you select might make a difference but my Special Grade took about 3 weeks from the time I mailed the paperwork (Priority Mail) to the day it was delivered Fed Ex. That was last July.

Most people get Service Grade but I love my Special Grade. It's like a new rifle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are lots of accounts of how long it took for the Gun Fairy to deliver here:
CMP Forums

You might want to go to the North or South Store to pick out your rifle. If you are not picking one of the "Specials" with a new barrel, I would definitely go to the North or South store and gauge muzzles and throats, and test trigger guard tension.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was near the South store last month and stopped to pick out a rifle last month. I'd recommend checking the website for their schedule before driving there. The staff was helpful in answering any questions about the rifles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts