Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how I can find a CMP affiliated club in Los Angeles, Calif area? The list I got is pretty old and when I call the local ranges they don't have a clue who I can talk too.
I really want my Garand but you have to compete in a highpower event to get one.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm 90% sure that the San Gabriel Valley gun club in Duarte would hold a high power match. I used to shoot there all the time when I lived in LA. They are listed on the CMP affiliate list. "Who do I talk to if I want to participate in the a high power match?" would be the right question to ask. Perhaps the guy answering the phone won't know, but get in contact with an offical of the club. I'm sure they'll help.
BTW - I just participated in my first high power match with my M1A last week for my CMP qualification. What a blast! Shot 378 out of 500.
When you talk to the guy who runs the match, ask what exactly the strings will be. (10 standing slow, 10 sitting fast, etc)
It will help you to know what to expect. Be sure to mention that you need documentation for your CMP qualification. The club I shot at had a form that they used.
GOOD LUCK!
Oh yeah, you also have to join an affiliated club to qualify CMP. So send you $18 to the Calif Rifle and Pistol Assoc now as they are slow in thier processing. http://www.crpa.org/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here you go.

Armory of Orange does a M1 Garand clinic. They provide you with a loaner Garand and ammo to shoot a qualifying score for the CMP. Functions held at Lytle Creek Firing Line range.

Also, get that membership from the California Rifle and Pistol Association.

With both those resources, you are well onto your way for getting a CMP Garand.

Look here,
http://a308dsit.i8.com/garand3.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks A308Garand.Thats Perfect! That's what I needed. I already sent mt check to the CRPA BTW. I called them but I can't make it before they close today so I will go to Orange Armory next weekend and get this thing started.
Wow you guys are great.
For over a year nobody had a clue how to go about this but you guys here helped me in a few days. I really like this forum.
I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Armory of Orange is great. There is a guy there named Ken that builds some awesome Garands. Also, West End Gun Club also can qualify you for CMP.

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW. Went there this weekend. Wow if you want a SMLE, Garand, or any other C&R Rifle this is Heaven. I love the smell of linseed oil in the afternoon :D
They answered all my questions and I'm going to qualify next month with my SKS at Lytle Creek.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts