Perfect Union banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just turned 3 shades of green :D :D :D
Let us know how it looks when you get all that goop off.
What are you going to use to clean it up?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good for you, dude.

I sent in my order on 3-22, and still have not seen a credit card hit or rifle yet...........The wait is terrible, but I have high hopes for a nice shooting rifle.

Oh ya, asked for a Springfield MK I since they ran out of Smith Corona 1903a3 types.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah 308 -
I've been cheking my credit card on the internet everyday too!:D

So, WA ordered his on 3/11, and got it on or about 5/16: that's 2 weeks after they started processing orders on 5/1.
Hmm- 308 ordered his on 3/22 so he'll get his by the end of next week.
Hmm, I ordered mine on 4/2 so I'll get mine by the end of this month?

I'm going crazy thinking about this!:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good News - I called the CMP and check on the status of my order, and yes, everything is in order and I will be getting my Remington C Stock '03A3 :D
Bad New - It will probably be another 4 or 5 weeks until it arrives :(

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should revise that last post to "should be" not "will be".
When I called the answer was "we should be able to fill all the orders on hand"
Well, I got the call today, no more C stocks available! :(
I will be happy with an "S" stock
But - 4 more weeks! :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, the wait was worth it! A bit over 90 days after order mailed and I received my 1903 rifle.
I got a MarkI Springfield with a S stock. The barrel is original to the receiver. Dated 3-19. Dark black finish and great wood for the stock. No cracks or repairs.
Took approx 4 hours to clean the thing completely with mineral spirits- man that grease was everywhere.
Only shot it at 25 yards so far, gotta get to a real rifle range.
Put the rear sight all the way down and perfectly centered----Put 2 rounds right in the bullseye approx 1/6 apart.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats 308. I'm still waiting for my M1 Winny and Remington 03. Credit Card took the hit May 24 so hopefully I'll see them soon. :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
To All- you fellas will NOT be dissapointed !!! These rifles are some of the most accurate guns EVER produced, ANYWHERE,ANYTIME . I got my '03-A3 Smith-Corona back in '67 from a pawn shop,and I was amazed at the accuracy ! I was even further amazed when I examined it closer to find it has a Star-Guaged barrel ! Whoa !!! All for the paltry sum of $ 18.00 ! It even outshoots my BSA '06 w/scope at 200 yds. With reloads it still amazes me. Good shooting everyone !! BILL:2guns:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fed - Ex came yesterday.
1903A3 Remington. Well used and thick with Cosmoline.
Lots of cleaning to do and plan to send it off to a smith that works on '03s to give it the once over. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My father had given me his springfield '03 that was mounted with a scope but I would really like to find some iron sights for it and can't find any.
if anyone knows where I can get some let me know. :usa:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts