Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might just be me, one of my (Ruger brand) mags likes to jam on the last round. The rim dosn't climb the slot and the round ends up poking streight up with a large dent in it's side from the bolt.
A- Anythin I can do to fix it or B- should I send to back to Ruger or C- just pitch it and get another one
Spring tension seems ok

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The mag can be taken apart and more tension put on it .......if I remember right.

:sniper:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, should have said that that was the first thing I tried. The problem is still the same, like the carrier is hitting the lips, no tension on the last round in the clip (or is that the first round?)
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I'm not one to throw anything away. Never can tell when you may need a part or something. I'd try another mag.

:sniper:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had a 10/22 since '69 & have 4 of the fact. Ruger mags. One of them has the same problem you've described. The follower for what ever reason is hitting (I think) the bottom of the feed block & isn't allowing the last rnd to rise high enough to feed properly. Works well for the first 9 rnds, tho. If I can figure out what's wrong with mine, I'll let you know if it's fixable or not.:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bud
I pulled that mag apart and took a file to it, at the point where the nylon rotor hit the feed lip block. Filed a notch in the rotor about .030 at the deepest (square shaped notch). Now the rotor keeps pressure on the last shell, and it hasn't jammed since.
I had forgotten about this post or I would have posted this "repair".

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suspected that was the problem, but haven't gotten 'round to it. Thanks for the verification of my suspicions. I'll procede as recommended.:D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts