Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I just bought a choate flash hider/sight off of an Ebay auction. It looked fine at first but now I go to install it and there is no hole for a pin like the other sights I have seen....just a set screw on the bottom. Anybody out there with one of these sights? Does it have a pin with it or just a set screw? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an older Choate front sight/muzzle brake and it has a pin like the original front sight and the set screw. An ad, one year old that I have from their website says "the compensator is permanently attached to the gun by a 1/8 inch spring steel roll pin".
Being in Kalifornia I need to keep a copy of the ad in case someone says I have a flash supressor. The cage is solid on the bottom. I'm not sure if a set screw is enough to keep the sight in place. It might be best to contact Choate machine and tool co.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
grinch, You have to have an index roll pin to lock it in place, a set screw will not hold it, even if you could index it, I'm wondering if it is for another rifle? Otherwise the set screw would hold it so you could weld it on, if you could mount it in the right spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts