Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Using one for Factory 20s for Mini-30s.
Its certainly a cheap way to hump them, and you can always Rit dye them black if you don't like the Olive Green color.

·
Registered
39 Posts
An easy improvement

Add some hardware to the rear straps (nylon tri-glides and fastex buckles from the hardware or camping store) to the rear straps. Makes it easier to adjust and get on and off than trying to tie a knot behind your back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm...

Looking at the photo, I think those are AK pouches for 20-round magazines. China used to issue 20-round AK mags to police forces. So did a number of other comblock countries. So, good news! They should take 20-round Mini 14, Mini 30 or AR 15 mags as well.

The Chi-Com SKS pouches I've seen had 10 pockets,which weren't as wide or tall as these, and you could only fit a 20-round M16 magazine into the large pocket on the end that was meant for cleaning gear. No joy on the other 9 pockets, unless you wanted to carry 1 magazine and 9 packs of cigarettes. LOL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got the chest rig.

Yes it does look like a 20 round AK rig and it works perfectly. I think it is only supposed to have 5 pouches for mags and 4 for Misc stuff, they all work for the 20 round Mini mags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts