Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'd check out ammoman.com before I ordered anywhere else. They may or may not be less, but it'll give you alot more options.

·
Registered
630 Posts
natedog375
Have you shot any of the Wolf 223 ammo? We purchased 500 rounds to pratice with. In certain AR's and our Remington 700s the stuff would not even chamber. Was very disappointed with the 223 ammo. (I think their Wolf match 22 ammo is the best). So I was suprised that the 223 ammo would not even chamber in some weapons. ?????? We switched to Black Hills and have not had any problems.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Just for my 2 cents, 1000 rds for $96 if it won't fire accurately, or reliably isn't a bargin. If I were looking to shoot cheeply I would try some Federal Lake City, it is reasonable, brass casses, boxer primed, most mini shooters that have tried it seem to like it, and it is made in the U.S.A. If I shot a couple of boxes, and was satisfied with its performance in my gun, then I would shop for quanity. The main thing I have against the wolf is the Berdan primed cases. Hard to fire sometimes. Now some people have shot thousands of rds., and like it.

I am also a little oncerned of the invasion of the foreign stuff, it may cost some american jobs. I try to buy American when I can, unless the American is way over priced. My mini likes Winchester 45 grn. Varmint. $9 for a double box of 40 rds., then my reloads are cheeper, and shoot better than that.

It's just a personal thing between the shooter, and his mini.;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Natedog I checked every where and cabeleas was the cheapest on wolf ammo . May not be accurate but sure is fun to shoot .:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm with Cajungeo, best to buy American when I can. I use Federal, although I was POd when they took away the Black Talon from us. But I have overcome that. Reloads are the way to go for cheap IMHO.
Spud

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Handloads are definintely cheapest, and potentially the best. The Federal Lake City XM193 is going to be in scarce supply I believe, so get what you can if you like it. South African surplus is supposed to be good, but that supply is temporarily very short. For those not familiar with Fed LC, Alliant Techsystems has the contract to produce USGI ammo, along with Israel Military Industries during war times like now. And the LC brass can hold a bit more powder and is stronger than run of the mill .223 brass.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mikr,
My mistake on the Black Talon. But Federal did pull a very popular load from civilian use and made it for LE only. I'm not complaining the cops got it, but as I have a few "units" around for home defense, I figured I could use it too. Forgive me for having a case of CRS. From what I have read, I will use the reloads for plinking and the factory stuff for defense loads.
I've been using Federal America Eagle with good results in my mini.
Spud :2guns:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts