Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by natedog375
CTD has 10rd blued mags that cost about $12. It does not give a manufacture. Anyone try these?
I ordered 10 a while back from CTD and only two out of the 10 mags FTF rounds, even after attempting to adjust the lips with a pair of needle nose pliers.

I also have a problem with (all 8 functioning mags) inserting a loaded mag with 10 rounds when the bolt is foward, (the mag dose not want to lock in place, with the bolt locked back, no problem) with 9 rounds there is no problems with 10 rounds locking. :confused:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'd sure spend a few more bucks and get ProMags. They are about as close to OEM as you can get, and you will be happy you bought quality. Someone said they are even cheaper on Gunbroker, but their offer here says they'll send 'em to you to try 'em, and free shipping.

-- cw

·
Registered
723 Posts
Im pretty sure the 10RD Mags that CTD have are Victor,or western their both made by the same company.I would give them a call they will tell you what brand they are.Good Luck!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
From the pics, they are not Pro-Mags, Not John Masen. They
look like my Western mags.

·
Registered
804 Posts
On the CTD 10s I bought 3 of the Nickel plated ones and had no problems at first until I changed the Mag release for an extended one. My gunsmithshowed me that all I had to do was use a file at the bottom of the bump out in the back of the mags, and I've had no troble since. I guess that I've been lucky since my Mini has never given me any trouble shooting any of the ammo I use in it. I've used Wolf RUSSIAN, PMP South African, PMC, UMC, Winchester, Remington, American Eagle, Federal, and even some Lake City and handloads that my smith gave me. I think it's like me in that it will eat just about anything.
Any way on the mags the only thing I can think of is either return them or tinker with them, and try to make them work.

:beer: :rapid:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts