Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Century arms is now making an AK with all American parts, brand new with a milled steel receiver. Not one mil surp part, all new.
I don't know the price, but I'm getting one.
It also has a longer stock that fits us Americans better.
Really nice looking weapon. Check it out. The finish is fantastic.

John K

·
Registered
183 Posts
American AK

It's about time they started just making the AK's here. Covers the import issues and fits the parts requirement. I hope the fit and finish is good on these. Should be a table at the SHOT show to take a look at them. Always good to see a larger availability of firearms for us.

I would like to see someone like Century start to build some of the other cooler firearms that can't be imported. I wouldn't mind having an all American SKS and Luger for that matter.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've only seen pictures, but they were quality photo's and it has a great finish, looks like they did a great job.
The receiver starts off as a 14 pound piece of 4140 CM.
That's how American guns are made, good heavy metal, machined with precision.
The guns of old anyway. Savage is another building them right.
Ruger is having QC problems and Remington is making their guns cheaper.
Kimbers are beautiful but their CF barrels shoot out pretty quick.
There are others who are getting back to quality. I'll spend extra money for a quality weapon made with precision and done right, especially when made here at home.

I love good old American steel guns. You know you have a real weapon in your hands when holding one.

The import AKs are very interesting weapons with a lot of variations available. They are one heck of a reliable weapon, not the most accurate, but I'd bet my life on a good one anyday.

John K

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Thanks for the info, DKac. Century has had a spotty QC history, but seems to be continually improving. I have one of their Yugo's and it's great. I hope this new model is just as good.

Please update us once you get some price info.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I just had to note this . . . how far we've come in a couple decades.

In 1989, the Cold War was raging, concealed carry was only for the few, gun control was popular and on the rise, and the AK was a symbol of Communist aggression and oppression.

Now this -- an AK on an American flag backdrop:

I'm stunned that this didn't seem stunning to me off the bat. Not so long ago, it would've seemed unimaginable.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Good points, Joe.

But, the fight definitely ain't over...the 2nd Amendment is under constant attack.

SUPPORT THE NRA!! ;)

(Soapbox speech over...)

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
No illusions it'll ever be over, or that it's anywhere where it should be . . . just taking a break to smell the roses.:beer:;)
Right on Joe. Too often we fail to stop and spend time just enjoying firearms and even life, being caught up with the rhetoric. The battle will always be, so make sure to step out and take a break now and then.

·
Registered
34,558 Posts
What jumps out from that flyer are the full autos available to law enforcement in the $200-250 range. Is that what it seems? If so, it's a revealing look at the "real" market compared to the artificial regulatory one we private citizens inhabit. And oh do I know it could be worse.

·
Independent Field Tester
967 Posts
Law Enforcement is not going to buy a Full Auto AK and it certainly wouldn't buy it from Century.;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wouldn't buy a Century product at any price, based on the history. An all American AK doesn't mean that quality is assured, IMHO. Just because the receiver is a milled billet does not a quality rifle make.......

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
I love the poster! :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
if you look at the ad closer the full autos are not new they are used.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
As Whtsmoke noted, all I saw in that low price range was surplus/used. The full-auto new version had an MSRP of $800, and a used Colt M16 was less.

I think it does demonstrate the market distortion caused by our screwy laws. From what I heard from a friend who was in Iraq during the initial 2003 invasion, full-auto AK's could be had starting at about $100-150. What are probably the same firearms can be had here only by LE's, (whom I agree are never going to issue them, though a sheriff or two might get one for fun, um, er, I mean, "training"), and even then for double the price.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
How does it shoot? anybody knows?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts