Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I purchased a k31 from AIM recently and had a couple of questions. This is my first milsurp rifle and I wanted to know if there were any safety precautions I should take before firing. I have thoroughly cleaned and inspected the gun and everything looks good. The action is very smooth and the bore is like a mirror. With the k31, what prevents the bolt from flying back under pressure?

Maybe I'm being a little nervous and jerky, but if anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
It's kind of disconcerting isn't it? <G>

I've seen a diagram of how it works. There are lugs on the front of the bolt that rotate as it locks into place.

I've shot mine enough that I'm becoming comfortable.

There are a couple of nice swiss sites. Try a google search.

Btw, if you reload this is the ONE rifle that you can jam a bullet in the rifling pretty easy. The load books are WRONG about the OAL on this one.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally posted by bubba052698
Hi all,

I purchased a k31 from AIM recently and had a couple of questions. This is my first milsurp rifle and I wanted to know if there were any safety precautions I should take before firing. I have thoroughly cleaned and inspected the gun and everything looks good. The action is very smooth and the bore is like a mirror. With the k31, what prevents the bolt from flying back under pressure?

Maybe I'm being a little nervous and jerky, but if anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies,

I see now how the lugs prevent the bolt from flying back Dennis :)

The headspace has not been checked. What factor would this be? What would cause it to be different than it is supposed to be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts