Perfect Union banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my 10/22. Shes nothing special but shoots well. I plan on getting a Green Mountain bull barrel with a fajen stock once i finish workign on the mini 14. Sorry for the crapy picture :( Once i get back home i'll take another and replace this one. --EDIT-- I updated the picture because that one was pretty crappy. I"ll post some more when I get the stock and barrel installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
You will like the green mountain barrel. Every thing is drop in on the 10/22, and dosen't cost an arm, and a leg. A bolt buffer and trigger job is a couple of good things to have. The volquartsen match hammer (drop in) cuts pull trigger to 2 1/2#.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alrighty my barrel and stock came in the mail today!! w000t Heres a list of some of the mods i got on the 10/22

:sniper: Ruger 10/22 (duh)
:sniper: Weaponkraft Buffer
:sniper: VQ Target Trigger
:sniper: VQ Exect Edge Extractor
:sniper: VQ Hammer
:sniper: Trigger job per my sticky in Tips & Tricks section
:sniper: Home made auto bolt release
:sniper: Chamfered and headspaced bolt
:sniper: Green Mountain 20'' SS barrel with hand polished bore
:sniper: Bell & Carlson Odyssey stock with temporary shim pressure pad
:sniper: Simmons 6-24x50 scope
:sniper: Power Custom Weaver scope mount
:sniper: Burris Signature rings

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Oh boy... that's a sweet looking gun Carnifex. Just might be the best looking gun on here!? What do you guys think?

TheGermanGuy :sniper:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
COOL!!! Sharp=looking 10-22's!!
:sniper:

·
Registered
630 Posts
That is a thing of beauty. I love those Bell & Carlson Odyssey stock.
Hope you have a real shooter............. :2guns:

Below: This is great!!!
PerfectUnion Ruger 10/22 Shooting Champ. July 03
Great Job Boss :lol:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Talk about a "make over"! That rifle is a real beauty. I luv it! :wub:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Carnifex- Dude that is by far the best looking target 10/22 I've ever seen. Nice job with the Bell & Carlson-Odyssey 3-way butt assay. A bit pricey! Did you find a deal on it somewhere? If so please tell- B/C want alot for it. :D :usa:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
What's the price on the Bell-Carson stock? :huh:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Were did you get the Green mountain barrel i live in colorado and thats where i baught some of my guns at Green Moutain.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Found the price on the stock $250-300 depending on whether it's a 2-way or a 3-way.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got most of my stuff from Warner Guns. They had a good deal on the stock for $296.95 and the GM barrel for $90. They also had the VQ trigger for $10. I'v seen the B&C stocks go for $350 on gunbroker so you could probably get most of your money back if you were ever to re-sell one (I dont know why you would though). I love the stock. Its light weight with the Kevlar and graphite construction but i think it balances the 20'' bbl well. I looked to see if my friends 900 way adjustable buttplate would fit on my stock and i think it will, might have to give that a try :D

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey Carni,
What accessories have you seen that fit in the B&C oddessey's rail? Is there a bipod that fits. I don't know what else a person would want on a 10/22 besides a bipod. I ordered the 2 way stock yesterday, and it's on backorder now for 3 to 4 weeks!!! It was only $234.00. Oh well, good things come to those who wait. I'm wondering about whether it is necessary to do bedding or anything with this stock. I have never done bedding on a rifle. What about the pressure pad situation? I don't know anything about it. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i want! *drools*....very nice gun, wish i had the money to do anything with mine..i'm saving for a bolt buffer at the moment, 8 bucks can be a bit pricey for a student heh. great job, it looks awesome. how much was that scope? i've been trying to find one similar to that.. it looks very nice, wish i had one just like it for my video project..it would be great for a sniper lol. hope it shoots as good as it looks. :sniper:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for drooling over my stick :p
Trdslinger,
With the rail, you can mount a sling swivel stud anywhere on it you want. I'v been trying to find a small bipod that mounts directly to the rail like my friend has for his Anshutz, but no luck so far <_< The most popular things to mount on it include bipods, swivel studs, and hand stops.
Congrats on your purchase. I dont think bedding is needed. Myn was a tight fit and i needed to sand some of the stock by the recoil lug in order to get the action to fit. The stock comes with a pressure pad for the first 2 inches of the barrel. This is good for helping suport the weight on the alum reciever. There is also a presure pad at the tip of the stock by the end of the barrel. You can either leave it or sand it out and make an adjustable one. I had pretty good results with just leaving it how it was. I am now using two small shims to adjust the harmonics more to my ammo.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Man that is a killer 10/22! I love the odssey stock, and the base+scope tie it all together! Try Brownells For the rail bipod adapter ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
hehe great job Carnifex, i really enjoy seeing all these good lookin guns people on this site have turned out! ya did good Carnifex!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts