Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been contemplateing a few things about his little carbine my self iI own 2 of them and bought them with the thought of coverting them to 7.62X39 I beleave a rebore and chamberconvrsionadapter like the 06 to 308 would work also a synthetic stock could be devised with entergel box type mag could be be manufactured ( the japs did this with the action )in WW2 any brave inventores out ther this little carb could become a very fun and econ.little gun

·
Registered
5 Posts
i guess you could set the barrel back and rebore ,then chamber for 7.62x39...however there are a couple of other concerns..mounting a scope on the reciever requires a side mount plus bolt and reciever bridge modifications.if you have double set triggers u be ok. The single trigger is poor and hard to modify.on the plus side the action shows good strength,and is quite light.I have seen a couple that were rebarreled for 22ppc.
They were nice light vermin exterminators.:sniper: :sniper:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ah the gun that supposedly killed a U.S. President. I have one that is too inacurate to really mention, it sits on a wall with the other WWII theater weapons I have picked up over the years, I think I paid less than 100 bucks for mine and I believe I got took. Good luck making it an everyday shooter, I have a good friend who is sure I got a bad one and swears by his, he has even taken Boar with his.:usa:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts