1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
229 Posts
Didn't these people study the battle of Lexington in school? No? Well, they should at least remember what Scalia wrote in the Heller decision a few years ago about guns that are "in common use by the people".

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oh and, coincidentally, I just happen to be watching some coverage of the Dorner manhunt in CA, and the State Troopers were carrying stainless/synthetic Mini-14 Ranch Rifles. I guess we can't have the citizenry armed as well as the police, now can we.

·
Registered
298 Posts
We'll hold them at the CA/OR border. OR is a pro gun state, and our Sherriff's will not be supporting any AWB or any other legislation that will strip firearms from legal owners.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
He invoked the magic words, "common sense". I'm glad he got the liberal gun speak memo on how to use that phrase.

Last statistics I could get on Cali said 85.5 percent of gun homicides were committed by hand guns. All rifles accounted for 9.7 percent and most of those were .22 rifles. 2 percent or so were assault rifles, rest were shot guns.

The total number of gun homicides was 1220. I don't know where he got that 2 thousand something number from unless he was quoting all murders and not just gun homicides. Fire arms account for 68 percent of total murders in California.

Wouldn't common sense dictate that hand guns are the bigger problem out there but nope, we need to ban those evil assault weapons that are virtually never used in a fire arm murder except for these odd spree or mass murders of recent times.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Calguns teaches us not to point out the flaws. It gives them time to fix them before it becomes law. Harder to fight that way
Hi whofarted;

Absolutely right not to help the enemy. I have a couple of ideas for important things they seem to have missed but will not be posting publicly until after the day. Almost did when the NY thing passed, but its obvious there is going to be a wave of this nonsense.

Maybe we should see if the moderator will put up a sticky to "PLEASE DO NOT HELP THE GUN GRABBERS FIX THEIR STUPID LAWS". Sorry for the "shout", but it really is something we need to do. Particularly since there are antigun trolls lurking about.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I watched that vid again. He did quote all homicides and not just gun homicides in that 2 thousand whatever number. Ok so then he immediately drops into his gun spiel. Basically he lied by implication.

I am confident that the mouthpieces up on the news have pages doing all the homework for them and they know the numbers better than we do.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got through watching most of slimeburg's presser and couldn't sit through any more - it was as painful as watching the Dear Leader.

It kills me when the gun grabbers mention suicides - back when I lived in Japan, it was common knowledge that suicides among the locals were really really common (about 2x the US rate) even though guns are pretty much verboten. So in what way will it make things "better" when someone hangs him/her self instead of shooting themselves?

So for you California residents, what is your take on this? Is the Kali congress so far to the left that they'll actually vote through something that outlaws an invention from 1879 (first patent date on the Lee box magazine)? I was floored when slimeburg described the detachable box magazine as a "loophole", like its something that was invented a couple years back to work around Kali's existing ridiculous laws. It has only been a mainstay of firearms design since the late 19th century, that's all.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Speaking of the Dorner man hunt... Here's a man who openly supports gun control to prevent "tragedy", yet resorts to using arms to "right" the wrongs in a corrupt government entity. He praises fuhrer Feinstein for leading California towards gun control, and in the same breath admits he's lost faith in the system, the same system he's praising stripping the people of their ability to right the system.
You know the liberal fascists aren't going to use this in their attempts to justify gun control. It's one of their own this time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Speaking of the Dorner man hunt... Here's a man who openly supports gun control to prevent "tragedy", yet resorts to using arms to "right" the wrongs in a corrupt government entity. He praises fuhrer Feinstein for leading California towards gun control, and in the same breath admits he's lost faith in the system, the same system he's praising stripping the people of their ability to right the system.
You know the liberal fascists aren't going to use this in their attempts to justify gun control. It's one of their own this time.
The media has left out most of what the nut case has said, because it doesn't fit their agenda. Like you said, its one of their own. I don't care what happens in life. Nothing justifies killing innocent people, or even guilty people for that matter.

I've had the rug pulled out from under me, more times then I can count. What I do is get up, dust off and try again.

Cali is a messed up state (that's not directed at everyone. I know some amazing people who live there). The State has some of the worst laws, and its politicians are so disconnected from the people, its sickening.

Back in early 80's here in Oregon. We had a mass influx of people moving out of Cali, to Oregon because the state was going down the tubes back then. Unfortunately, in some places, they brought their messed up way of thinking. There was a stop put to that though very quickly by the natives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cali Exodus

Now the governor from Texas is in Cali trying to steal away businesses to his state. There was a lady form Arizona who was warning the governor that he doesn't know what he's asking for. Cali residents starting moving in a mass flux to Arizona and liberalizing their state. She warned the governor. He really doesn't know what he's asking for :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Now the governor from Texas is in Cali trying to steal away businesses to his state. There was a lady form Arizona who was warning the governor that he doesn't know what he's asking for. Cali residents starting moving in a mass flux to Arizona and liberalizing their state. She warned the governor. He really doesn't know what he's asking for :)
That is a warning he should take serious.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Just got through watching most of slimeburg's presser and couldn't sit through any more - it was as painful as watching the Dear Leader.

It kills me when the gun grabbers mention suicides - back when I lived in Japan, it was common knowledge that suicides among the locals were really really common (about 2x the US rate) even though guns are pretty much verboten. So in what way will it make things "better" when someone hangs him/her self instead of shooting themselves?

So for you California residents, what is your take on this? Is the Kali congress so far to the left that they'll actually vote through something that outlaws an invention from 1879 (first patent date on the Lee box magazine)? I was floored when slimeburg described the detachable box magazine as a "loophole", like its something that was invented a couple years back to work around Kali's existing ridiculous laws. It has only been a mainstay of firearms design since the late 19th century, that's all.

All the best,
Grumpy
loophole is in reference to the bulletbutton making the magazine fixed in our current laws eyes

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
loophole is in reference to the bulletbutton making the magazine fixed in our current laws eyes
Hmm, even if he really meant the bullet button itself, that's still not a loophole - unless obeying the speed limit is a "loophole". They wrote a law, and progun people came up with designs that obeyed the law.

I already have ideas that will work to go around what they are proposing but there is no way I will put them in print until after they get the thing written and everything settles down a bit.

Grumpy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.