Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the current legal status is for the M1 Carbine in California? I've been a refugee from the People's Republic for some time now, so I'm not up to speed on the gun laws there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
To be easy on yourself and other's just go with the fact that most of the common types of firearms people want these days are illegal in CA and the ones that are not soon will be. CA has been overrun by communist lefttards. the good news is most types of drug use out there is o.k. though!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TMB: Thanks. What is LGS? I don't recognize the name.

Cavtrpr: Yeah, I'm a refugee for good reasons. However, I still have friends and relatives behind the Tofu Curtain. I'm thinking about giving my youngest son a rifle when he graduates Marine boot camp. Probably a minty SKS or a well-used but very functional Plainfield M1 Carbine. I'm pretty sure the SKS is legal (no bayonet lug) but uncertain about the carbine (again, no bayo lug) with its detachable mags.

He's steamed about not being able to own an AR without all the californication mods. Of course, at the moment and for the forseeable future, he's not going to be able to get any kind of AR without paying 3-4 times what it's worth. I bought these on the cheap before he was born and have no problem giving him either one. He can't have my Garands, though. He and his brother will have to fight over those after I'm gone LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.