Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just reading the How many in your collection thread and got to going over my records. How many different caliber/firearms combinations have you taken big game with. Looking through my data shows that it is a total of 151 different big game animals taken with 136 different cartridge/firearm combinations. Ranging from 24 to 530 caliber. Only caliber that are produced by the factories that I have not taken big game with, not including the 577, 600 or 700 Nitro are 323 and 366. Anybody have a good 8mm or 9.3 for sale or trade so I can finish this little experiment.

·
Registered
685 Posts
buy a mauser 8 mil there cheap and if i'm not wrong i can be shipped right to you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most of the game I have taken has been with a .30 cal bullet. mostly the .308, .30-06, Or the 30-30. Not a vary big fan of the later caliber. I love the 30-06 and that caliber has been My main choice in hunting calibers. I have a Remington model 700 PSS with a Tasco 10 to 40 power tactical scope ( no longer in thier catalog) on it. Turn the scope up to 40X and you can watch the cross hairs jump everytime your hart beats. This rifle is not vary practical for hunting and spends most of its time poking hole in paper. I believe the 30-06 is capable of taking any game on the North American continent. my 06 is a Winchester Pre-64 first year production. The only thing i have done to it is fit it with a post 1935 safety. Makes the safety much easier to use with a scoope.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sad to say in my state your restricted to shotgun slugs and handgun for Deer. Your up there where you have a great deal of freedom to experiment. Have you had a chance to shoot the new Remington 300 Ultra Mag? I see alot of guys say this round is close to the 338 Lapua. Most of my rifle work is groundhogs here so I can't be of any help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts