Perfect Union banner

Cajungeo's Mini

9K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  bushwack 
#1 ·
100% U.S. MADE! :usa:
In lieu of this month; Sept 11, and Sept 17. I decided to display my Mini-14 "Proudly American". :usa:
Hogue stock - Mods: stock bedded, Allen Stock shellholder, Uncle Mikes forestock swivel stud, and sling.
B-Square bipod.
Leupold 3-9x40mm scope with Butler Creek flip up covers.
SS Ranch Mini-14 - Mods: Barrel: firelaped, BlackWarrior muzzle brake; Action: Reduced recoil so cross hairs stay on bullseye during rapid fire.
Triger : 3 1/2#
Capable of consistant 5 shot groups near 1MOA at 100 yd, with Seirra 63 grn. reloads. Best 5 shot group .85".

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Even if I had a rifle that could shoot that tight,I wouldn't be able to.I barely passed the driver license visual test this year.Nice rifle and I like the bipod.I'm putting one on my list.

Thanks for posting the picture so we can all check out what others have.

Gil Reynolds

#7 ·
Hey Cajun. I like that gun a lot! I want to get a Mini 14 soooo bad, but i'm only 15, and my Dad won't let me get one. I was wondering.... where'd you get that attatchment that u have on it where you have your sling, and bipod attatched? I'd like to do that to mine when I get it :D

Thanks !
:cannon:

#8 ·
Hi Hyper. Listen to your dad. When I was your age my dad let me get a 22 LR. I learned gun safety, marksmanship. I brougt home many a squirrel, and rabbit for the table. Ruger makes a 10/22. It is very popular, and there are many after market add ons for it. It dosen't cost that much either. I own 2 of them. BTW, there is a gun show this week end near you in Houston. Across the street from the Astro Dome. They have 2000 tables of gun/kinfe related stuff. Maby you and dad could look around?

I installed an Uncle Mikes QD (quick detach) swivel stud (machine screw Not wood screw) with a thin nut as there is not a lot of room because of the gas system of the mini. By installing this stud I did not have to buy the $30 mini-14 adaptor, as the bipods come with a universal swivel stud adaptor. The sling swivel also mounts there on the std adaptor. Thanks for the compliment on the mini.;)

#9 ·
Hey Cajun, Thanks for your reply man! I really appreciate it. The thing is, I already have a 10/22 and I've pretty much done everything to it that i can think of wanting to do(trigger job, Bull barrel, foldable stock, and 30 and 50 rd. magazines. The reason I want a mini 14 ranch is because I want a nice gun to plink with that I will actually be able to varmint hunt with. I also like to fix guns up as much as possible, and see how accurate i can get them. My friend has a stock Mini 14, and I love it! I always ask him if I can take it out to my house and shoot it. I want to buy it from him, but he won't, because he likes it too much. He's already killed 2 deer with it (a doe and a 12 point buck) while coyote hunting this year! I want to get a mini 14 ranch though, so i can put a scope on it, because I want to make mine as accurate as I can get it for coyote hunting. I already have a nice .243 for deer hunting, and my dad has a .300 win. mag for anything bigger than a deer that i want to hunt, so the only thing left that i want or need is a nice fun, fast lead slinger, that is accurate at the same time, and able to take larger animals than my 10/22. By the way, i've been hunting since I was 5, and I am in a shooting club. I enter tournaments with my .243 and have won many. So I am not new to gun safety rules. I do appreciate your reply though cajun. I hope you guys can help me with whatever I need once I get a mini. Thanks!

:ar15:

#13 ·
Ron, are you having a problem with viewing all of the gallery images? They should open automatically. Send me a private message, and give me some more info on your computer, windows, etc.

#18 ·
is it for sale?

:D

i can already guess the answer, but im in the process of assembling a similar rifle.

Mini 14 Ranch Stainless Steel
*John Hansen Muzzle brake*
*sling*
*walmart shell holder*
*Tasco Silver Antelope 3x9x40mm stainless finish*
*harris model L bipod
*houge rubberized stock
5 ruger 5 round mags
5 10 round promags Stainless
bedding to come soon
trigger job too
and gas port kit

kinda like yours only cheaper!
stuff marked with a * has already been bought

#20 ·
i, for some reason, always seem to be against spending a lot of $ on optics. i got the taasco scope for $30, i guess its because theyre going out of business or something. also, i will be using a shell hlder i found at walmart for $2.00. its more for asthetics than performance, because i like to keep my rounds packed in stripper clips or in mags (i hate loading mags with each individual round)

#24 ·
Cajun,
In the picture, you have written in blue a Gas Block Shock Buffer in works. I know about the Shock Buffer in the action, but what is this new one. I think I may have missed that thread. Please essplane.

:beer: :rapid:

#25 ·
Thanks Ralrein.

Greybear, I had a shock buffer made of neoprene rubber mounted in the gas block. The slide rod struck it instead of metal to metal. It worked great. It softened recoil, quieted the action, and got rid of the slide rod "Rattle". It worked great for 500 rnds then the rubber became cracked. Have been looking for a more heat resistant material for that purpose. Someone suggested a vacuum cleaner belt, which has fiber material with the rubber. If I can remember to pick one up, I will try that. Its all back in the archives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.