Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C&C class in Tyler at Gander mountain Sept 15. I think I will take it.
http://www.gandermountain.com/news/newsitem.asp_Q_id_E_10448

Other seminars at other locations in Texas.
http://www.gandermountain.com/seminars/index.asp

A couple months ago a crook robbed 2 people at the lake, then made them jump in. I was fishing at the same lake, and said if that guy came up and me outhere by myself I'd be at mercy.

Was working on my building site last week, and heard some heavy breathing. It was a tan pit bull comming straight at me. I thought I might get chewed up, but I have a chance with my gerber lock blade, just then I saw a bigger pit one comming, I thought this doesn't look good. I only had one weapon besides a prayer. I yelled "Gooood doggies!". It worked they sped up, but had smiles on their faces, they wanted to be petted, then jump up on me. First time I ever petted pit bulls. They were very friendly and followed me around. Couldn't get rid of them. Finally they heard an ATV down the road and took off. (Must have been their master).

Anyway I decided I'm not going down that road again. I thought for sure I was a gonner. I'm getting the C&C permit and packing. Looking at the small 1911's. Kimber, & Springfield have a couple models that look good. Man they cost too.

G

·
You don't need a permit to carry on your own property. Open or concealed, in your hand if you want. The way the new law on vehicular carry is written, you no longer need a permit to carry in your vehicle either. In public on foot is another matter best covered by a permit.

Dogs are GENERALLY territorial and are less prone to attack if they're not on their home turf. Unless, of course, their owner is there too and is being threatened.

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need a permit to carry on your own property. Open or concealed, in your hand if you want. The way the new law on vehicular carry is written, you no longer need a permit to carry in your vehicle either. In public on foot is another matter best covered by a permit.

Dogs are GENERALLY territorial and are less prone to attack if they're not on their home turf. Unless, of course, their owner is there too and is being threatened.
Yep. Some towns will let you wear a pistol on your hip, not concealed. Those towns are fast dissapearing.

I got the Kimber CDP 2 Ultra. Am wearing it around the house trying to get used to it sticking down my pants. The back hip seems best for me, till I set down and lean back.

Need to find a range somewhere so I can shoot. If I don't then I'll take a day off and go to the national forest.:2guns:

· Registered
1,572 Posts
Hey Caj where were ya fishing? I hate to hear that kind of stuff starting again. Up here on the Lake Fork night fishermen used to get boats ripped off right out from under them some years back. Some boat would flag them with motor trouble as a come on, then then guns would come out. They were leaveing people in the lake hanging on to stumps all night.... Not a fun night in my book. That was when I started carrying the Ruger P85 in the boat, with a full clip of Fed.Premimum Hydra-Shoks. Those Pit Bulls running loose in the woods make all the hair on my neck stand up too!!! But that Kimber aught to ease the tennsion a bit. At least ya can bite 'em back.;)

G

·
Yep. Some towns will let you wear a pistol on your hip, not concealed. Those towns are fast dissapearing.

I got the Kimber CDP 2 Ultra. Am wearing it around the house trying to get used to it sticking down my pants. The back hip seems best for me, till I set down and lean back.
Texas towns don't have the authority to allow folks to violate state law. If you've seen what looked like civilians carrying in the open in small towns, they're most likely cops. That's a common practice in rural areas where "everybody" knows the local police/deputies. Of course they're also supposed to wear a badge, but you never know whether it's on the belt, on the shirt or where.

You really should get a good holster for your Kimber. Down the pants may work for a quick trip to the mailbox, but any more activity than that can result in the gun taking a tumble to the ground. I hate seeing dents/dings in nice guns. If you really want to wear it down the pants, there are several inside the waistband holsters available that will secure it safely.

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Caj where were ya fishing? I hate to hear that kind of stuff starting again. Up here on the Lake Fork night fishermen used to get boats ripped off right out from under them some years back. Some boat would flag them with motor trouble as a come on, then then guns would come out. They were leaveing people in the lake hanging on to stumps all night.... Not a fun night in my book. That was when I started carrying the Ruger P85 in the boat, with a full clip of Fed.Premimum Hydra-Shoks. Those Pit Bulls running loose in the woods make all the hair on my neck stand up too!!! But that Kimber aught to ease the tennsion a bit. At least ya can bite 'em back.;)
Lake Nacogdoches. It only happened once. Either the perp was passing thru or was caught.

I didn't take that C&C course because I found another closer and much cheaper. Will take it in a couple of weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.