Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like your 2 styles of the shoud. Do you think it helps the accuracy of the mini-14? I have just gotten a Stainless Ranch w/ syn. stock and would be intrested in your comments about them and would like to know if they are available for purchase?
Thanks, Ken:rapid:

·
Registered
175 Posts
mini-14's have a reputation for being inaccurate and i dont really think its deserved, new out of the box, most mini's group very poorly, but after the barrels get 'shot in', they ussually tighten up their groups, the mini i currantly own shot a 6 inch 50 yard group when new, i wont get into all i did to get it to shoot at this time, but I and others have covered it in previous posts on this site, research this board and you will find alot of good info on getting a mini to shoot, there are things you can do, most of them low cost, and you will see your mini improve, I will say one more time, the mini 14 is not a target rifle and was never intended to be, my mini will consistantly ding a beer can at 80 yards, it will hold a 3 inch 100 yard group and i use the factory peeps, my brother owns a ranch rifle that will hold a 2 inch group at 100 yards with the peeps. they will shoot good, maybe not as well as a bolt gun, but they arent the 'piece of crap' that most AR shooters say they are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GUTPILE, I AGREE AND HAVE ONLY HAD MY MINI RANCH FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS. I REALLY LIKE IT AND I'M STILL PLAYING WITH VARIOUS AMMO TO TRY TO TIGHTEN UP MY GROUPS WHICH ARE NOT REALLY THAT BAD, 2-4'' @ 100 YDS DEPENDING ON AMMO AND WEIGHT. I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I COULD COUNT ON A 2-3'' GROUP AT 100 YDS. I THINK THE FLUTED SHOUD LOOKS GREAT AND IF THE EXTRA WEIGHT HELPED TIGHTEN THE GROUPS THEN ALL THE BETTER. I UNDERSTAND THE LIMITATIONS OF THE MINI- 14 RANCH IN UNCUSTOMIZED FORM AND AM GLAD I MADE THE PURCHASE. SO FAR THE ONLY THING I HAVE ADDED IS A 3X9X32 SCOPE. I TRIED A PRO POINT RED DOT FIRST BUT THE 5MOA DOT WAS JUST TO LARGE AT 100 YDS. IF YOU KNOW OF ANY LOW COST MODS. TO IMPROVE GROUPING I WOULD BE INTRESTED, HOWEVER I'M NOT GOING TO DROP ANOTHER $500.00 FOR A 1'' GROUP. THE MINI IS WHAT IT IS AND I'M HAPPY WITH THAT FOR THE MOST PART. I HAD READ THE HORROR STORIES ON THIS BOARD BEFORE MY PURCHASE AND DID'NT KNOW WHAT EXPECT BUT FOR NOW I DON'T REGRET THE PURCHASE AT ALL.
KEN

·
Registered
175 Posts
one of the low cost things i did that tightened up groups for me was adding a slip-on flash supressor from choate, if you dont want a flash hider, you can also get a muzzle brake, Delta Force has them, they run anywhere from 20 to 50 bucks, and they are simple to install, as long as you get the slip on units, just remove the front sight pin and slid eht eunit on and use the pin that the company provides, it will tighten up your groups, i guess it works bt adding wieght to the end of your barrel, thus stabilizing it. good luck, hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts