Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have been offered an AR-10 Dutch made .308, this is all that I know about the AR-10 that he has.

Is there anyone that can say that they are any good, I have not seen it, because the person is not within our city but understand that it's in good condition.

I never hear about the AR-10 why not?

Thank you

·
Registered
689 Posts
Gunrunner Artillerie Inrichtingen produced those. Their quite exspensive nowadays. As far as information on these you might want to check on the Tom Bower's board, some guy's around there have some knowledge on these old AR 10's

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
you mentioned at the end of your letter: these old AR 10's

I guess the AR-10's are very old, I may not buy it for this reason.

The price he was asking was $350 American.

thanks for your help
:p

·
Registered
689 Posts
gunrunner the original AR 10 that you speek of is worth far more than $350.00 U.S. If it's in good shape you may want to buy it. They were well built it's just that it came a little late on the scene and most countries adopted the FAL. What country are you in? If I had to take a guess at U.S value it would be $2000-3000 U.S.that may be a little low!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
the country that I live is New Zealand.

I do think that the AR-10 is in good condition but if the rifle is old, would it not have problems? ( not dependable )

All the AR's are not allowed to be imported in NZ, for the last 12 years or so.

The reasons why this rifle is cheap: you need a special license to own, I do have this licence but most gun owners within my country do not, this means that the buying market is very small.

:(

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thinking about it, what about me buying it, then sending it over to an american that wants to pay say $2500 american?

Would this be possible? I think the americans would not allow the AR-10 to be imported into there country?. Would be stopped by police.

what's your opinion?

:eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
You could possibly ship it to an american dealer from your country and the buyer could pick it up from him for a small fee+ your sales price. I will check with a friend who deals in fire arms about this. Is it a semi- auto?
:usa:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi
Yes it's a semi auto AR 10

Thanks for your help, this would be great if you can check with your gun dealer on this matter.

I will email this other company that you have mentioned, see what they say.

thanks again :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts