Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys im on the verge of buying a blued ranch in 223 and selling my sks and my ak but first i would like to here a few good reasons
why i should do this . ive never owned a mini14 before nor have i even fired a round out of one they seem to be very well made
please give me the pros and cons .

my wife would really appreciate your help so ill shut up about it!

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Um, OK, first, what does the wife have to do with it? Why are you selling your other rifles? Do you need the money, because the ones you own are good guns.
What is your intended purpose of puchasing the mini in the light of already owning the others? They are 7.62x39. Do you own a bunch of that ammo already? Now you got to buy some .223 ammo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i know there both good rifles but im really kind of bored with them. they shoot fine im just looking for more accuracy an ak or sks either one wont shoot very acc. and from what i hear the ruger is more accurate as far as the ammo goes my local gun shop will swap 7.62 for .223 [ ive got about 2500 rds.] im basically looking for more accuracy and range. .223 will definatly help the range some just because its flatter shooting .am i just spinning my wheels will the ruger be more accurate ? or will it be more of the same ?[12-20" at 100 yds. is what im getting out of my sks and ak]

thanks for the input.

·
Registered
217 Posts
From what i hear mini's are expected to shoot at about 4"- 6" @100 yards right out of the box (i think thats about right??). Adding a new front sight to my mini helped me a lot, the factory sight was big and hard to find in the peep.

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
Originally posted by Dave
Mr. Bill. How do I get rid of that machine gun?
Go back and edit your quote, and get rid of the text that says

rapid

with two : around it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yo 10x,
Don't get rid of your AK or your SKS. Us Californians know that yours is the next state to make theese rifles illegal. I love my Mini 14 - I have the ranch model. Also, never base a firearm purchace on advise from your wife. **Happy Shooting**

Mamandoli

1 - 7 of 7 Posts