Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the wood stock on my Mini-14 with a Butler Creek Synthic sporter version - the problem is now I have a glorified single shot rifle.

The magazines do not fit properly and the bolt is not enen stripping the first round without my intervention with holding the mag just so.

I removed the shock buffer and this did not help.

Has anyone had similar problems and if so what were your remedies?

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey wildone, sorry your first post is a plea for help, but thats what we are here for, to help each other. I don't have a cure for your stock problem, as I can't physicaly see it, but I can give you some ideas, so maby you can troubleshoot it. (1) is your mini 180 series? several stock manufactures have stated theirs will not fit the 180 series. (2) take a couple rds out of the mag, then try latching it, the front locking hole first, then pressure rear to hear the mag lock/release "snap" into place. or try inserting mag with bolt locked open. (3) does your trigger group fit, and snap into place. Try unlatching the trigger group, and slowly slide triger group in and out to see if it goes all the way up into the receiver or binds somewhere. You can see in there pretty good with the mag. out. Check the dimension with calipers between top of stock common to (c/t) receiver nest, and bottom of stock c/t trigger nest, on old stock, and compare with new stock. The bottom line is your mag isn't locking into place, and I have seen others with the above symptoms result in your problem. This is assuming of course your mags were latching into place before stock change. I've seen cheap mags cause the same problem. Locking plate on mag not located properly, from factory. Let us know if any of this works for ya. Good Luck!
P.S. Once you grind on it ya can't send it back, and trade for a hogue stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts