Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everyone interested,you can buy NEW Butler Creek steel lips 25 round mags for $50.00 at www.rugermags.com. These are the best ever made.They have the steel insert just like the factory Ruger 10 rounder.They sell for $100.00-$125.00 at gun shows!!Get'em while you can!! :sniper:

·
Registered
78 Posts
:sniper: If the mags are out of Canada they can not be legally owned in the U.S. I emailed them several months ago, They answered me once then wouldnt answer any more of my emails when I was trying to find out how many they had available.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't care if they are legal or not.They have no dates or serial numbers.They use to be sold in the US legally so theres no way to tell.You can get them from there.They can't prove when they were made.The ones that are already in the US are legal.Its up to you if you want one. They also sell Butler Creek Hotlips for less than that!!!!:sniper:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am telling you ,these guys are lagit!!Their mags say NOTHING on them that you don't want them to.If you don't want any then don't order any,but this is a rare chance.Get some while you can.:sniper:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Thanks PSG1, and reb8600. The Impact site is 2.00 more, but I feel better knowing they have an address, and phone #, so I will order a couple of them this week end, if they are out of stock, then I will take a chance, as PSG1 you've ordered from Ruger mags before with no trouble. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's the contact info for the RugerMags guy - he answers my emails promptly, usually the same day:

Thanks for writing. Prices on mags are as follows:

Butler Creek 25 round Hot Lips $34.95
Butler Creek 25 round Steel Lips $52.95
Mitchell 50 round Drums $79.95 :eek: WHOOHOO!

All orders paid for by money order will be charged $5 for shipping. All Paypal orders will be sent out via Expresspost with a tracking number. The charge for this service is $10. This is due to Paypal's requirement that all orders must have a tracking number.

Payment can be made by Paypal to this e-mail address:

[email protected]

or by money order to:

Kevin Fehler
1515 Spadina Street
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
S6H 7E1

BTW, I'm new to the Perfect Union but DAMN glad I found this place!

- Beta

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked up a new Butler Creek 25-rnd Hot Lips magazine today from my local gun store, and it's stamped "FOR EXPORT" and "9/94".

Does anyone know if it's okay to leave cartridges in a Butler Creek magazine for an extended period of time, or is that bad for the spring?

I guess we're lucky over here; the full retail price is Cdn$27 for Hot Lips, and "around" Cdn$41 for Steel Lips (no Steel Lips in stock today though). :)

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
I don't leave my mags full. In the short term it hurts nothing, but over extended periods, a year or years? If full, the spring may become permantly compressed, causing jams. If I had to leave ammo, for home defense, or quick varmint response etc, I'd only leave 1/2 full, or if you prefer 1/2 empty. The plastic mags you cant take apart to fix. The good ole ruger rotor mags, can be.

BTW you guys are lucky, and you have a beautyful country I hope to visit one day. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wraith,
It doesn't matter the brand name, you don't want to compress the mag springs for a long time. Steel springs hold their shape very well, but they will lose some force under prolonged compression. That goes for hammer springs as well. For the hammer, I use snap caps.

The only reason I can think of to keep a full magazine is for home defense. For myself, I have 2 magazines with 4 rounds each. And a full box for reloading. As I figure, I've got 4 rounds to hit or scare the intruder. Then I've got 4 rounds more handy in another quick mag while I get the brain thinking. If the intruder is still there, I've got a world of s*** on my hands, and it's either the police and I'll surrender, or I'm going to need the whole box.

KC

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Butler Creeks have a unique spring that rolls up.No coils or bends(a pulley style systom).Leave it fully loaded for 50 years,no matter.For the record,people shoot 9mm Luger mags that were loaded during WWII,no problems.Go to www.ar15.com & its explained in great detail why this is.Against popular belief,compressing & relaxing a spring wears it out.:sniper:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts