Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I haven't been to the site in a while, but thought I would let everyone know that I have posted an auction on Ebay today, March 12, 2002 for some good Mini 14 parts. It runs one week. Listing is posted as "Ruger Mini 14 Stainless Rifle Gun Parts, Item # 1812428963". There is a good photo there with labeling to show detail.

The link is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewI...item=1812428963

Includes Slide Assembly, Slide Spring, Trigger Group with Hammers, Saftey, trigger guard and sears, Bolt Assembly with Firing pin, Guide Rod, Bolt stop, Bolt stop cover, Stock reinforcement & screws, misceallaneous pins (and rear sight retainer?). I should probably keep this stuff! But they need to go to a good home and I figured I'd tell everyone here first.

----E.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question: I'm not sure. That was my reason for adding the supersize photo. I was hoping it would help, however, I thought the ranch and "non-ranch" models were the same except for the rear sights, scope mount machining, and handguard. I did not know the internals were different in any way. Honestly, if they are different, I have nothing to compare and could not answer that question 100%. Sorry.

---E.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The only difference, as far as I know, from taking apart a non-Ranch model, is that the end of the guide rods are different. The Ranch guide rod ends in an angled "tang". This fits under the Buffer Cross pin. See photo.

The non-Ranch guide rod ends in a circular plate and pin (really a little dimple), which fits into a hole right below the barrel (called the "Buffer Bushing") Unfortunately, I don't have a non-Ranch model to take apart and show you a picture.

ciao.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the guide rod does not have that chamfer, so it must be the non-ranch. It has the dimple as you have described. Thanks! (Learn something new everyday.) ---E.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts