Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my mini 14 to the range yesterday. after around 15 rounds i pulled the trigger and there was no shot. i check the chamber and found no bullet in there so i had to recock it . then it got worse then it bolt jammed betweem the recieverand it took me a while to get it loose again and after that i could only get thru around 3-4 shots b4 i had to recock it again. what part do i need to replace or whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
First thing I would do is take it apart, clean and lubricate it, then try cycling a magazine thru by hand to see if the problem is still there. If the bolt is binding for some reason you will see wear marks when you disassemble it. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey 015, sorry about your problem, but maby we can help you troubleshoot it. First you need to determine if it is your magazine, or your action. Remove your mag., and manually cycle the action. If it is your action, field strip it while inspecting how it was put together. Clean, lube, then reassemble, and repeat manually cycle the action. If it was not the action, manually feed some rounds thru a mag you trust. It is possible the mag you were having trouble with became bent or tweeked. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had a friend stop by to try out his thermold mag( it works fine in his mini 14). i put 10 rounds in the mag and started to cycle them through the mini. about every 2 -3 rounds i needed to push down the slide to load the round. well, now i know that its mainly something wrong in the action. i field stripped it and figured out what was the reason on why the bolt would get jammed. it was because the slide kept on comming out of place from the gas piston. i think i messed it up on a earlier field strip. can some1 please guide me on how to re assemble my mini 14 the right way. or atleast how to fix it.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
If you don't have a manual, Ruger will send you one for free. In the meantime click here http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/7719/rug...isassembly.html The 3 raised ribs in the stock forearm liner is what guides the slide assembly over the gas piston, with the stock removed, the slide will always go off track because the forearm liner is in your stock. ( thats normal with the stock removed). If your forearm liner is in place with the stock on it sounds like the problem is the slide is out of its grooves in the receiver, and you just need to remove the slide spring so you can position the slide into its grove correctly. This happened to me once before. IT only takes a minute to fix. No biggie. Just watch that spring, as it can slap ya, if ya arn't careful! Just a remote chance, The 4 screws in your gas block didn't come loose did they? If so just snug em down evenly and with an even gap alway around. Use a feeler guage. I would advise ya use locktite blue on the threads so they won't come loose again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts