Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen several manufacturers of bull barrels and heavy gas blocks for the Mini-14. But all of these people want to charge you for installation.

Has anyone swaped out barrels on their Mini-14? This appears to be more involved than changing out the barrel in an AR-15, does anyone know what all is invovled in this? Can I buy the parts anywhere and give them to my local gunsmith to do - I don't think I'm even permitted to ship my AC556 off, nor do I want to let it out of site even for one second, after I get it.

All suggestions on where to get replacement barrels and bull barrels are welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
redchip,advance to the second page of this forum and read the post "Shilen barrel change". I' ve gone into detail there on the process.What finish does you 556 have?Mine is a black park finish.:sniper:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's blued. I didn't know that they were made in a black park finish - cool! I'm thinking about beefing it up so that it can better withstand the heat of rapid fire. I figured that the beefier gas block and a threaded bull barrel would do just fine. I'll check out the thread you refer to. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts