Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought 7.62 x 39 from Lucky Gunner last Fall for about half the price they have it at now. Hopefully production catches up fairly soon so the "legitimate" bulk ammo prices come down with a lower demand. I have enough ammo to maybe make it through a year of reduced range time. The .22's will be getting in an increased share of rounds. I do hate to use up my reserve.

mini14jac-- Did they sell the ammo to you at the same price you ordered it at or did they increase it? I have some ammo ordered from Sportsman's Guide, but the shipping date keeps changing. originally it was supposed to ship 3 weeks ago, but now they have it scheduled for 6/18. I was just wondering if the price is locked in.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have no where near what I would like to have ,and not being a hoarder ether. I have about 500rds of 223 ,but not going to pay $22 a box for something I paid $7.50 for.
That's bad business.They were kind of high compared to a few others to begin with,but we will see how things pan out later on.

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
I've seen bulk ammo on GunBroker selling for decent prices lately. 1000 rounds of quality ammunition for 600 dollars.

There has also been some sells of smaller amounts for decent money as well.

My wife is the only thing stopping me from buying more :lol:

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I've seen bulk ammo on GunBroker selling for decent prices lately. 1000 rounds of quality ammunition for 600 dollars.

There has also been some sells of smaller amounts for decent money as well.

My wife is the only thing stopping me from buying more :lol:
Hi USSF06;

Lately I have taken to making the rounds of two Walmarts and an Academy on the way home from work. Its a more circuitous route than usual, but by doing that and being a little ruthless about not missing an opportunity I have been buying center fire ammo in reasonable quantities at not too awful a price - just added another box of M856 5.56x45 for $12.99 and a box of Federal Gold Medal Match .308 168 gr OTM for $25.95 tonight. Since Jan 1 I have added a pretty fair amount of rifle and pistol centerfire ammo and am not shooting it off until I get my supply situation normalized.

Only real sore spot is .22LR. That stuff is pretty much unobtainium down here, and the 4500 rounds I have on backorder keep sliding back further into the future. Midway has already cancelled one order of mine so this is bothersome.

Don't know if the 'nickel and dime' strategy works for your situation but it seems to be (slowly) paying off over here.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
220 Posts
mini14jac-- Did they sell the ammo to you at the same price you ordered it at or did they increase it? I have some ammo ordered from Sportsman's Guide, but the shipping date keeps changing. originally it was supposed to ship 3 weeks ago, but now they have it scheduled for 6/18. I was just wondering if the price is locked in.
They shipped both orders at the price I ordered them at last year.
I was pleased.
I bet your ammo will ship soon.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Academy Sports gets ammo in everyday, they had 22LR for $19.95/550 bx but it's usally gone quickly.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Academy Sports gets ammo in everyday, they had 22LR for $19.95/550 bx but it's usally gone quickly.
Hi tri70;

Absolutely right about the mornings. I have an evening work schedule today so I got down to Academy 45 min after they opened (would have been sooner but the wife caught me at the door and I got stuck on 'dog walk' duty :( ).

Anyway, all the 550 packs were gone but I did manage a single box of 50 ctgs of cci .22LR. Motherlode was at Wally World where I managed 3x boxes of .45acp hardball.

So if possible, get out to academy and wally world every blessed day and you'll find something. But it will come in like a trickle, instead of the case lots I used to buy in....

All the best,
Grumpy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.