Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Nice job there snakeoil, you have some skills that are amazing !!! Please post up some pics when it is completed !!! I am always amazed at what human being's are capable of making with some tools and their hands ! Outstanding!

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
marsh hunting boat maybe? goose and duck? or narrow inlet boat? flounder/eel gigging?
impressive set-up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The "Boat"...(Das Boot) ,is a replica of a Nova Scotia Fishing Boat....Cod to be exact! These boats could haul in a 1000lbs of fish with the man in the boat,, very seaworthy boats...this is a rowing boat, and or a sailor as well....I first saw one when I was ten years old,and always wanted to build it...now I'm almost there...I will post more pics in the future...

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guarantee Mr. Gibbs couldn't build this boat....This is made from Cypress from Florida, and white oak for ribs and stem...I also lofted my own plans...no kit, just SST screws and 920 glue amastic...Just kidding,anyone with patience and time can build this boat,just need some tools...:lol:

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
I'm not a woodworker but know enough of it to say that's good work there.
I've done good bit of welding art, ornamental iron - etc.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I think I'm smellin' what yer cookin'! Is that one of those tiller steered props on the end of a long shaft? Like the swamp boys use? I think your boat is absolutely bitchin'!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My brother and i are building a small wooden boat its been our daily bonding since he got out from rehab to be specific were building an rowboat

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.