Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I was at the range and the funniest thing happen. My mini-14 was shooting two round burst? I shot about two boxes of ammo and I was so confused. I was thinking it was the buffer that I install a week a go. I purchase the buffer from blue press. It didn't fit the mini at first but I made the hole that the spring guide goes in a little bit bigger oval instead of round. It’s grey and rubbery. After I remove it. I was shooting normal. I believe that the action of the rifle was shorten a little by the buffer and also it rubbery material made it auto.

·
Registered
427 Posts
It'd have to be a mighty thick buffer! If memory serves correctly, the bolt slides over the hammer to latch the hammer in the sear. I'd examine the trigger group carefully. 2 round bursts for now, it might be full auto when you least expect it.

Don't let it get away from ya!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Interesting side-effect... Maybe just the right gap to allow cocking of the hammer but not full engagement of sear? But why 2-burst? Very strange - fully auto or not at all. Some kinda fluke... But what do I know? I'm surprised it didn't start shooting normally after a while.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but a working buddy, can take any AR, and with a little expermintation, find a sweet spot in the trigger, and can empty a 30rd mag FULL AUTO. Another friend tried it and he could only get 3 rd bursts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts