Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, While going thru a couple of mags of different rounds today, I had what I thought was a dud. Examined the round to see a good strike mark on the primer. The next couple of rounds had similiar strikes with no round firing. Since I was at my indoor range, I thought perhaps a cleaning would solve the problem. After plunged in the ultra sound machine, cleaned every which way etc, I headed back out to the line. This time, not any strike mark on any round at all..:( The trigger pull is firm, and the hitting of the round sounds firm. So, what is my problem?? This is my first problem with my Mini, so I was surprised to say the least... I usually shoot 5.56 military ball, American Eagle .223 and quite a few SS 109 rounds. I used 3 different mags today, and still no change. Any ideas??

Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ultra sound machine - cool!!:cool: First time I've herd of one being used on a firearm. Makes perfect sense though! We used to have one in the clock repair shop.

What do you see when you field strip the rifle and have the bolt assembly in your hand. The firing pin should slide freely front to back & you should see the tip coming thru the bolt face.

Describe what the bolt / firing pin looks like. I'm sure someone here wiser than myself will chime in to help.;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
dang.. i hope i dont break my firing pin because i have been shooting SA ammo :( i thought that stuff was pretty safe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys, Well, it was a broken firing pin. Rifles still under warranty, it will be be fixed for free. Now however, I am starting to hear that maybe military surplus ammo, which uses a berdan primer, may be a bit to hard for the Mini firing pin?? I have maybe shot 5 to 600 rounds of the M193 5.56 since January. I like this round and its not to pricy. The same thing goes for the SS109 rounds or anthing not considered "civilian." So, my question, is there a souped up firing pin for the Mini that can be bought. I heard that maybe a TI pin was available, any ideas on how to correct this situation?

Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts