Perfect Union banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those interested the gun is at a gun shop in avon ny 20 miles south of rochester. it's a pre ban ranch blued ser 187 (mine is also 187:D )the price is 445.00w/redfield 3-9x32, pretty good condition-stock ok. needs main spring (kinda spongy).just to let all you guys know the name is avon gun&hunting supply (585)226-8277 . if you want to do map blast 259 east main st. avon ny,14414 some one buy it so i don't have to:eek: :D

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the finish is good, no show gun and the bore is pretty good. just think you can get one brand new at walley world for 500, but you can't have "evil" accessories.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do you think i feel? IT"S 10 MINUTES AWAY, if i didn't have my car to fix and court fines(lead foot to upgraded to titainum ) to pay it would be mine:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
You could explain your situation to the judge, if he's a Mini fan he'll understand...:D
The gun itself dosen't exactly sound like a steal. But, I don't know anything about scopes. Is that a decent one? What's that worth?

BTW - thanks for the tip on the wolf mainspring & recoil buffer tightens things up alot.
;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why don't you post somthing official about(an official link or a guide from atf) it so we can get it straight. im still going to put hi caps in my preban.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i thank you for the info. it did clear things up, the mags that i have are ok. so like to shoot you are right, good of you to post. guess you gotta check the date of the mags. the vendor i got my mags from assured me they were ok :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
The first thing you need to understand about the Mini14, is it was never on the "Assualt Weapons" list. Several models were made, but the mainstream model was simply a rifle and had a detachable magazine.....not much different than a semi-auto hunting or plinking rifle. Ruger made models for the Government, prior to the ban (1994) in several styles and for law enforcement too. Many of these made onto the open market, before the ban.

These include:
Mini-14 FS
Mini-14 GB
Mini-14 GB/FS
Mini-14 AC

These are the only factory models that meet the requirements of and assualt rifle. Yes, as you stated.....if one was modified prior to the 1994 ban, it would be grandfathered. The question is whether you can prove it was. The government has more dollars than I, to take the chance.......legal or not. To take a current preban (though not really) and add a flash-hider, folding stock or any other item to it means you are building an assualt rifle and runs afoul of the law (Federal) If the rifle had once been modified prior to the 1994 ban.......but was change back to original form after 1994........(then sold again)you cannot turn it back into an "Assualt" rifle. The main reason being, the Mini-14 was never classified as one, so now you would be making an assualt rifle. Thats why you see "Factory" Ruger stocks selling for around $400.00 (Factory Folders) I may have confused myself here and rambled. If I missed something, tell me. Regards LTS

·
Registered
224 Posts
Originally posted by LIKTOSHOOT
The government has more dollars than I, to take the chance.......legal or not.
A VERY good point!

Probably explains why the prebans with the ramline folding stocks fetch as much as they do. :eek:

But with folding stocks going for so much most gun shops must be pulling them off rifles putting on a $20 full stock & selling them seperatly. Instant Double your money!;)

Anyway thanks for spelling it out.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.