Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the bolt stop cover plate see thru scope mounts are crappy or reliable? Brownells has 2 brands---B-Square and Eagle QD. The B-square is about $15 more . I have a mini14 ranch. If anyone has any input on these types of mounts , I'd sure appreciate it.--thanks--ollie

·
Registered
14 Posts
I haven't done it, but I think one *reason* for wanting to add that type of sight mount would be to mount an optical sight high, for longer range shooting, and still be able to look under it at the standard sights.

?

MiniPearl

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even most of the short tube scopes include an extender tube or have extender tubes available. Extender tube seems more elegant than a side-mount, but I don't really know.
I have a Millet SP-1 REDOT mounted on a Ruger PC4 carbine. I needed to use the included extender tube, but it works perfectly well that way.

Hope this helps,
Attilla

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by MiniPearl
I haven't done it, but I think one *reason* for wanting to add that type of sight mount would be to mount an optical sight high, for longer range shooting, and still be able to look under it at the standard sights.

?

MiniPearl
I'm pretty sure Ruger makes "high" rings for the Ranch rifle. I think I saw some in Graf and Son or Midway.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by Satan2655
The other reason, and the reason I'm also considering it is this: Short-tube scopes, in which the tube portion where the rings go is too short to fit between the fixed-location ruger mounts.
Gosh, how short is that short tube? My ULtra dot installed fine without the expension. I believe the distance between the center of each ring is 3.25 inches.

I wonder if anyone has installed an Optima on a Ruger Ranch. I have one on a 1911 and it is a very fast sight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts