Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much play (slop) is acceptable in a mini (any?). I just changed my stock and I noticed the bolt/slide has a bit of play in it. I never noticed it before and I am wondering if I knocked something loose. It seems to hold tight against the receiver but it has some play in the slide when closed.

Jimbo

·
Registered
493 Posts
How much play (slop) is acceptable in a mini (any?). I just changed my stock and I noticed the bolt/slide has a bit of play in it.
Jim, both my Minis have a lot of slop between the bolt and the receiver until there is a round in the chamber. When it counts, the magazine follower also stabilizes the bolt by pushing it up at the rear - force applied to the bolt by the rounds in the mag until the last shot.

The oprod uses the stock liner as a guide. Changing stocks could increase the room the oprod has to move and this could affect bolt slop. If your new stock came without a metal liner inside, you need to get one or take the one from your old stock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I think that I noticed it more because I did not have a mag in. Both stocks have the liner/hardware and I did change it back and noticed the play was still there. The bolt it self sits pretty tight it is just the slide, I just thought I might have done something swapping the stocks. Dang Newbie here.

Jimbo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts