Perfect Union banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I just bought a used Mini 14 and I have a question about the bolt slide plunger (lock). I was told by the shop owner that it wont work if you have the scope rail installed. Is this accurate?

Thanks in advance, and keep an eye out in the gallery section I will post a few photos of it soon

Matt

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Is it a Ranch model? They have the scope bases built into the receiver, so that answer is no, it is not accurate. Not sure about older models but never heard that here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response! I figured it wasnt accurate. I couldn't see Ruger eliminating a major saftey device when installing a scope.

As for the model its a "normal" Mini 14 (ship date 1998)

Now to get it repaired :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
**Update**

It was the the screw that holds the weaver scope base and goes thru the new bolt lock cover. It was too long and caused the bolt lock assembly not to operate correctly. I put a few washers I picked up at Lowe's in beween the screw and the scope base and it is working perfectly now.

It also makes me wonder why a person would have installed the scope base and not realized or cared that it hindered a major safety function of the rifle.

I hope this post help others that run into the same problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts