Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May companies offer complete bolt carrier groups in a variety of flavors and options. When selecting one I see AR15/M16 chambered in the 5.56/.223, which seem pretty common, then I see some designated for the .223 Wylde.

I thought the .223 Wylde had more to do with the chamber dimensioning. If my assumption is correct then how would this affect the bolt or the colt carrier?

· Registered
5,429 Posts
Plenty of discussions on the Wylde

The Wylde is simply the chambering dimensions to allow safe use of either.223 or 5.56 ammo. As with any compromise it is believed that the wylde will not produce as accurate a result as a chamber dedicated to either .223 or 5.56. The bolt carrier group is unaffected.

· Registered
109 Posts
The Wylde is simply the chambering dimensions to allow safe use of either.223 or 5.56 ammo. As with any compromise it is believed that the wylde will not produce as accurate a result as a chamber dedicated to either .223 or 5.56. The bolt carrier group is unaffected.
My understanding is that the purpose of the 223 wylde is to make a chamber MORE accurate than the 5.56 but that can still withstand 5.56 ammo dimensions pressures.

To the original poster, I have never seen a 223 Wylde BCG. I have to agree with everyone else that it makes no sense. I would contact the manufacturer and inquire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.