Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in your opion what is the best 3 bolt action 22 rifles.
i'm looking to get a marlin 22 ssq later this summer

·
Registered
47 Posts
Chris,
Can't tell you much about 22 bolt actions except that this summer I bought a 22 bolt action Marlin,model 882L,22 magnum,and it is by far the best 22 I have ever shot.Smooth action and tight groups.For the money it is hard to beat.Al

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Chris,

Many things enter into your options.......

what kind of shooting do you want to do?
How much money are you willing to spend?
new or used?

I only have one newer .22. It's a T/C Classic that I paid $239 for, a year ago. Shoots ok, but but by ok, I mean 3/4" groups or less at 50 yds.

I have a few Mossbergs, and a couple of H&R M12's that will outshoot the T/C all day long. I bought a K10-22T Ruger target rifle last year, and it wouldn't approach any of my older rifles (one made in 1939)for consistant accuracy, so I sold it and bought another oldie.

No flame at 10-22's.....just my out of the box opinion.

Check out the RimfireCentral forum. They break down several manufacturers and the discussions may prove enlightening to you.

Here's a link to some of my toys if you're interested. Have fun deciding.

http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/index.html

Regards, Jay

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was looking under 220$
mostly for hunting and then target.
the marlin 882ssq has a bull barrel i think it's the same as papaw al has but just a 22

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi,
a nice bolt 22 is the CZ 452 ,THEY HAVE NO PLASTIC PARTS AND COME WITH a adjustable trigger,test target from factory less than 34 inch at 55 meters
they can be found on gun broker ,or any gun dealer can find you one,retail is about $220,
not bad for all wood and metal 24 inch barrel,accurate also mine shoots 12 inch groups at 50 yds

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'll second the CZ. Really nice gun for the money. You might check with the DCM/CMP see if they have any of the surplus Mossbergs left. Every now and then you can luck up on one of the used Savage/Anschutz model 164 22s in your price range.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Best 22 Bolt gun in my opinion is the Ruger 77/22,It is VERY well made
and comes with rugers Integral scope mounts.Calibers run from 22LR 22MAG
and the new 17 ,They are not cheap running $375+ But it will last a lifetime ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Go with a Ruger. My M7722 Target is as accurate as they come,a little heavy,but dead on accurate! It comes with it's own set of scope rings,that mount into the reciever. A good Leupold,and your set!Ron

·
Registered
313 Posts
Go with an Anshutz. By far the best .22 bolt made. Some of them can be very pricey but they are one of the most accurate rifle you can get. If you look around carefully you will be able to find a used Anshutz for around $250. This will be your basic model, but will still come with a sweet feeling adjustable trigger and some damn good accuracy too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been shoothing My CZ 452-2E ZKM the past four years, very good gun. This is the only one that I know of that came with a 10 round clip. Did you buy a gun yet?

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts