Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the question, is the Blackwarrior Double Muzzle Brake from cheaperthandirt.com illegal in California? Catlog #RGR-056 MFG ITEM #1403N. On my rifle the muzzle covers about 1 1/2 rows of holes on the muzzle brake. If anyone knows please post away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I even asked my local sheriff and he don't even know. The laws are so vague. If anyone can give a yes or no answer, that would be great on to weather its legal or illegal in California.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ken,
I've taken the safe course and look to see what's for sale at the gun shops around the area. However, my favorite (used to be) gun store doesn't have a single semi-auto rifle above 22LR on the shelf anymore. Though I haven't asked about ordering anything this year.

Last year, after the KA ASSault weapons ban, Springfield Armory was still selling their M1A with a muzzle brake. According to the guy behind the counter, it was not a flash hider since it had whatever pattern of holes. I can't tell the difference just looking at one. And I don't like the idea an anti-gun Attorney General saying what is a muzzle brake and what isn't.

Stay out of jail, keep your gear in a safe place, and don't tell anybody about it.

There's a storm on the way.

KC

·
Registered
419 Posts
The "double-brakes" I have seen look like a flash hider is at the end of it; I would not take the chance that it could be viewed as a flash hider by the gubmint. :(

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Ken, mine covers some of the first holes as well, that dosen't change what it is. Like I said on another post of this subject, keep your receipt which says it is a muzzle brake. If you look on the bottom of your muzzle brake, you will see no holes, no slots. Therefore it is a brake. A flash hider has slots all the way around. This is such a grey area, that if your sherrif dosen't know then if we act responsible, and have a receipt showing it is a brake you don't have any thing to worry about. Or you can get one like this from Bushmaster

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well its a good thing I have a few friends that are cops. Nobody knows the difference, the receipt will have to tell all.

·
Registered
716 Posts
da judge likes things on paper. Opinion opinion - if the manufacturer/retailer calls it a brake in writing, then by God, it's a brake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts