Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27,306 Posts
To me investing money is like gambling, so I never did it. Then one day I found myself to be over 50 with no future plan except to work till I drop, so I started my 401K with matching funds from the company. I was amazed at how fast my account was growing, but in 2008 it all came to a crashing halt and I lost half.

Since then I have invested in tangible goods not based directly upon fluctuating monetary markets. I still see the financial markets as a manipulated scam to fleece people of their wealth through the promise of making money while doing no work to earn it. The banking system is corrupted and directly tied to the financial markets.

"Whenever you gamble my friend, eventually you’ll lose."

That's my take on it all, but good luck!

·
Registered
27,306 Posts
PS... I spent that $10 a week on ammo for over a quarter of a century now... ;)

So I guess I do invest.

Oh, and those 22LR cartridges I bought back then for around 12 bucks a brick? They were selling at the last gun show I was at for 65-70 bucks.

I think I'll keep mine though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to see what people will say when it reaches 100 K.I also have mixed feelings about mining it. I think mining bitcoin is too expensive and I would just trade it instead when I can catch the volatility which is amazing at this point. Don't get me wrong, if you started early in the day and you had a lot of bitcoins mind already you are definitely in a good position mining it even now. That is mainly due to the reason that you could be able to invest all the money made early into better equipment and even rent an apartment just for that. Since I don't have such luxuries available I prefer to scalp trade with the help of bitscalp.io that is a great platform giving you the signals with amazing precision.

·
Banned
3,613 Posts
Bitcoin is one of those things that's too good to be true.

Buy silver.

It's too bad to be false.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Soon lead and copper will be worth more than anything it seems.
Hope I'm wrong after hearing the idiot today it's not looking good.

Reactions: Parnelli

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
ammo is the new gold..all these crypto currencies are just ponzi schemes...you can make a ton of money, but dont stay for the long term...since they are not regulated or backed by any government..what will you do when whatever one you invest in, isnt there tomorrow? who you gonna call?..NO ONE..your money is gone...this is another scam the governments want for both control and taxes..im sure down the road there will be no more cash, you will have a debit card and thats it..all this crypto currency and making money is to get people away from cash, and you already have dozens of cashless payment systems now with your phone or cards....

·
Banned
3,613 Posts
Since you can't buy ammo right now........buy silver.

Reactions: CleanDean

·
Registered
36,097 Posts
turkee65 is right for once, but if he stuck with it Qiojrguioeorifjioergthiosdj is probably rich as Croecus right now.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
bitcoin and the other crypto currencies are a ponzi scheme, if you get in and out you can make HUGE $$$..but its not for the long term....its not regulated by any official entity or government..so when the cyber bank you have to have in order to trade the cryptos disappears over nite..where and who are you gonna call to get your money back...
this is all th get people to put their money into cyber space and hope for the best, the BIG returns are to entice people to get into it and think their money is secure..well it aint....
but as said if you play along you will make some big bucks..just be very careful as it can go bust anytime..

·
Registered
36,097 Posts
No real value without a greater fool.
Arbitrarily manipulable at any moment at all.
"Buy on the dip"??
:unsure:
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Yes, Pait's direct comments re bitcoin's insubstantiality are certainly valid and welcome, and same could be said for much of the stock market (including 401ks, as Parnelli pointed out). I didn't start earning until 2006, and didn't start the 401k until a few years later. I realize that it is inherently garbage, but I think that with employer matching there is enough stability there for it to be worth the "investment".

·
Banned
3,613 Posts
I'm starting to feel that everything is "bitcoin."

Dollars, stocks, bonds.......paper does nothing for me and I trust it less and less.

I buy silver........the real thing I can hold in my hand.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Bitcoin is currently tanking because China is outlawing any of its financial institutions from having anything to do with it. They say that is because it is too volatile, but some are saying it's because it's something China can't control.

In any case, I find that a very positive indicator of China's pragmatism and character. Perhaps they are one of the few not entirely controlled by their child-tyrant oligarchs.

·
Registered
36,097 Posts
Yes, and so comrade billionaire cannot so easily make the poor choice of trying to abscond with capital accumulated by the long hard labor of many Chinese workers.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Yeah, I guess they just flat don't let yen out of the country. makes sense. well, they've got the pragmatism if not the character part covered!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts