Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got up this morning to find that my Lady had bought me a home theater system for my birthday! After we both looked it over for a bit and realized that it was not as wireless as the box advertised, we got in the truck and took 'er back to Sams Club. We then went and bought some shells and back home to load up for the range. I just re-joined a wonderful gun club that I had been a member of 10-12 years ago, before I met her. I let my membership lax due to the fact that it was so far away from where I lived at the time. A couple years ago we moved a good bit closer to it and it sparked a renewed interest.

She had never been there, but I described the property to her, which has an old log cabin on it. She was excited, since I had bought her a metal detector for Christmas and asked the President of the club if she could do a little hunting with it around the cabin.

I had a nice evening shooting in private with my mini and 10/22. I love this thing! She also bought me a Caldwell rock jr. rest when we were shopping for ammo. I have a dot sight on my gun. I didn't think that I would need much more than that, and I sighted it in to the best of my ability at the local public range with 20 other people blasting away and hitting me with brass. Today, I could ring the 1' square gong at 200 yards every time. I think the one at 300 I was hitting consistently, but my ears ain't that good! I could hit a small 4" gong at 150 yards pretty good also! Bottom line is, this thing is fun to shoot! I miss the days of cheap and plentiful .22lr ammo and enjoy the 10/22 a lot, but I didn't shoot it as much, just because I can't find any shells around here. I recently put a Nikon prostaff 3X9 rimfire on it, and it is a wicked little devil too.

Sorry about my rant, and for those wondering she dug a bunch of empty brass, a part of an old harmonica, and old paper stick fuse and holder, and the best was an old porcelain top from a fruit jar that had the metal ring around it. The jar top was old and was about 8-10" deep. She had as much fun as I did.:) It was also the first time that she had tried the thing out. I'm glad she found some cool stuff!

Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Happy Birthday and glad you had a great day.

Reactions: tri70

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Welcome and Happy Birthday..

Loved your story, thank you, it is nice to read some good news for a change.

I'm also into metal detecting and it is a blast, I think of it like fishing only I don't normally get wet doing it, I call it land fishing, LOL!

Sounds like you know how to have a damn good Birthday that is for sure.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Happy birthday!! Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.