Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started looking for a bipod to add onto my 580 Mini 14. As most of you will agree I want something that won't scratch, leave marks, and adding extra items to a already beautiful gun.

I'm sure there has been blogs on this issue but some reason the two brain cells in mu head are not talking to each other.

Could someone point me in the right direction where I can find that oasis! I found one bipod with spring loaded Attracts/retracts in black. I found one atbNcStar.com that uses the front attached sling swivel attach hardware. States when legs are folded upward that there is no issue aiming and shooting.

So men of wisdom, I need your help again and as always, appreciate the response!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've got a Harris with the gas block adapter on one and another Blackhawk mounted to the barrel with a UTG. I don't like the mount on the gas block or the barrel... so intend to put a sling stud in the stock and use that instead,

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Install a sling swivel stud in the forearm, about 1.5" back from the gas block. Then buy a Harris or some other Harris clone and never look back.

Mounting a bipod to your gas block or barrel will change POI. In other words, if you zero your sights with the rifle resting on the bipod, they won't be zeroed when you're shooting offhand.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I threaded and epoxied a bipod stud into the stock and its worked very well. However, harris makes an adapter that would work very well. Use the HB2 adapter and not the HB14. I tried the HB14 and it was just a pain, always loosening up even with blue Loctite and a big pain trying to get the sling loop properly hooked in.
Harris Bipods - Rifle Bipods - UWS

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.