Perfect Union banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is all of your guys opinion on scopes for the Mini-14 (ranch).
A Red Dot, Illuminated Reticle, or just a regular scope? And what about magnificantion? Is it good to have?:sniper:

·
Registered
685 Posts
i just looked at the link for the scope and wonder if you know more about them? like how are the optics?. i traded a red dot for a bushnell trophy 1 3/4-4 with the circle reticle and thank my self for it.

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
You get what you pay for in scopes.

A Mini-14 is going to beat the hell out of any scope you mount on it. I give any sub $75 scope about 20 minutes before its adding 24 MOA to your accuracy.

;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
the aimpoint comp is good enough for special ops it's got to be good for the mini. i still like the low power of the bushnell and if i bought the scope it could have cost 130-150.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are the two nightvision modes one the Aimpoint comp M red dot scope? Can you actually see in the dark with that green lighting or does it only work with other accessories with it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I believe the night vision settings just reduce the dots brightness.
I think this is so it doesnt overpower, or wash out, the objects you are trying to shoot. The seperate night vision scope is mounted behind the red dot scope. The green lighting comes from the night vision devise.

Concerning Aimpoints:
Do you guys think the one front ranch ring is stout enought to hold the Aimpoint Comp? I notice the Comp is usually mounted with a single extra wide ring.

Or would it be better to go with an Aimpoint 7000 that mounts with two rings. There is a two power version of the 7000 also.
Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The only guns I know that will trash a scope fast is spring airguns.You might try a air rifle scope to handle the 2 way recoil of the gas system of a mini?Just a thought.

·
Registered
685 Posts
cabelas has the lupold gilmore red dot sights with acc. for 120. this is a good price this red dot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts