Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought my first 10/22 and with all the aftermarket products I have to customize it a little. So I was wondering who do yall think makes the higest quality aftermarket .920 barrels? If money was no concern what would yall buy?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
685 Posts
how much do you want to spend?. clark,volquartsen,shilen are the best, but i have a butler creek 20'' fluted and for 120-30 it is a good barrel when you find the right ammo. i suggest the doug koenig steel barrel mount 16.50 in brownells, it won't break. let me know if you have any?????. if money was no object it would be a tension barrel from volquartsen in carbon fiber w/comp.and it's .920! 295.00 smackers......later

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm a newb at rifles (but I now a little about pistols) so please correct me if I misunderstood some of my reading.

From my understanding, rebarreling on a new rifle serves only to stiffen the barrel against harmonic vibration (not to much on a .22lr). Many custom gunshops like to include at least a trigger job and stress modifying the chamber and crown, bedding the rifle and freefloating the barrel.

From my understanding, much of the mechanical inconsistency in the .22lr semi-auto rifles is due to each bullet being seated differently when the bolt chambers a new round. For superior/professional accuracy, these shops ask to modify the chamber for a particular brand/type of ammo.

Lastly, there was a report on .22 magnum ammo (some gun magazine), where the author measured the slight differences in weight/etc of the ammo he got from the same box/brand. By putting the like bullets with like, he substantially reduced his groups. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts