Perfect Union banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I've been getting back into shooting. What's the best ammo these days in terms of accuracy you guys have used in your SKS's? Last time I went to the range I shot some Bulgarian mil-surp ammo and could barely keep it on the paper...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Where did you run across Bulgarian 7.62 x 39 mm that has to be some pretty rear stuff. I know it exist just never seen or heard anyone talk about it before now. Anyways Golden Tiger or Brown Bear FMJ as far as commie ammo shoots best for me about 2" groups out of my YUGO and Chinese SKS,reloads do better.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you run across Bulgarian 7.62 x 39 mm that has to be some pretty rear stuff. I know it exist just never seen or heard anyone talk about it before now. Anyways Golden Tiger or Brown Bear FMJ as far as commie ammo shoots best for me about 2" groups out of my YUGO and Chinese SKS,reloads do better.
I've had it for about ten years. Had it buried in the bottom of my ammo box and decided to shoot a few off the other day. IIRC, my dad got it for me at a gun show.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Lately, I've been getting back into shooting. What's the best ammo these days in terms of accuracy you guys have used in your SKS's? Last time I went to the range I shot some Bulgarian mil-surp ammo and could barely keep it on the paper...
I've fed mine nothing but Wolf. Seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The SKS is a Soviet 7.62x39mm caliber semi-automatic carbine, designed in 1945 by Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov. SKS is an acronym for Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova (Russian: Самозарядный карабин системы Симонова), 1945 (Self-loading Carbine, Simonov's system, 1945), or SKS 45. The Soviets rather quickly phased the SKS carbine out of first-line service, replacing it with the AK-47, but it remained in second-line service for decades afterwards. It remains a ceremonial arm today. It was widely exported and produced by the former Eastern Bloc nations, as well as China, where it was designated the "Type 56", East Germany as the "Karabiner S" and in North Korea as the "Type 63". It is today popular on the civilian surplus market in many countries. The SKS was one of the first weapons chambered for the 7.62x39mm M43 round later used in the AK-47 and RPK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts