Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a folding stock onto my old Mini 14 SS Ranch Rifle.

Who makes the best folding stock? Butler Creek, Choate, someone else????

Thanks.:usa:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the Mini Forum, Sooners. I found a site that has both on sale, for $40 off. You probably already know the federal laws regarding installing the folding stock, on your mini if it was manufactured after the 10/94 ban? There are also state laws. It pays to shop around, as you may find them cheaper. Here is a site: http://www.deltaforce.com/ Page 46 item #MCB14, and #MCS14.
You can click on the search button, type in folding stock, and several pages of posts come up. Your keywords will be in Red.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a choate stainless folder on my "pre ban" mini-14
it has rock solid lock up and is very comfortable to shoot
in both extended and folded positions.I did shoot a butler creek
folding stock mini-14 not long ago and the quality was great
and the lock up was tight the only thing i did not like was the
position and design of the stock when extended you cant get a firm cheek weld on it and accuracy along with control suffers big time.these stocks are both expensive they now run $100-$125
each your best place to get one is gunbroker.com they tend to run very high on ebay.com. Anyway i hope i was helpful:sniper:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a Choat, but I like the Butler Creek better. The Choat is longer than the factory wood stock when extended and seems to throw the balance of the gun off. If you are tall it may be a good thing. For me it was bad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
:ar15: I've used both Choate & Butler Creek & prefer these to stock Factory folder on my AC556. Have more Choates but Don't use the one I have much for the 12 ga as your face takes a pounding.

Older Choates (twin Pins) didn't lock up as tight as the newer tapered cast ramp.
Butler Creek uses folded sheet metal but seems to hold /lock up well.

Butler creek 's can be found w/ storage in the pistol grip cap which is nice (good place for extra battery for dot sight).

You can find them in lots of places, I bought used from $50 to 75, New are $125 and up here in arizona.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts