Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin into gettin a 1-4 power scope for my mini 14, just for something different... Been lookin at the Leopuld pig plex 1-4x20 and the Weaver v-3 1-3x20... Would like to know yalls experiences with these and othe 1+ power scopes and what would be a good price range?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm a big fan of Leupold optics. Most brands have some good ones and some bad ones. Leupold doesn't make any bad ones. And I like your choice of magnification. There is rarely a need for anything more than 4X. More power doesn't make one's hold any steadier.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've been considering a Leupold 1.5-4 Mark AR scope with the illuminated "Firedot" retical for one of my ARs. The bullet drop compensator and illuminated dot are nice features. Amazon sells them for around $450.

They also have the VX-R 1.25-4x which saves you about $20 from the Mark AR and does not have the BDC.

The VXR Hog with Pig Plex looks like an upgrade to either of the others, having a 30mm tube. Amazon sells them for about $480. I'd probably spring the extra few bucks for the 30mm tube.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would vote for leupold . I like there glass and I never have any issue'swith holding zero.
Here is my thoughts on a carbine using bdc reticles . where I live and being realistic I would very rarely get a shot at a deer much past 200 yds and I will not take a shot at a deer past 200 yds with a 223. So I like to zero at 50 yds which only puts you about 1.5 inches high at 100 yds and dead on at 200 yds with about 8 inches drop at 300 . this still gives me a decent chance to plug a coyote if I catch one crossing the power line right of way , but takes all the thinking and guess work out of normal hunting situations.
I would be more inclined to look for one with target nobs so I could make corrections for different bullet weights .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a Nikon 2-7 on it for awhile and I switched back to iron sights for weight reasons... Most of my shots a real close under 20 yards on hogs, but I do take shots out to 250 on hogs and coyotes when the situation arises, the 1-4 power scopes are much lighter and seem to be very quick on acquisition. That's why I've decided to go with a 1-4 or 1-3, I don't really want to spend over $250. (And thanks guys on the great info)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,

I'm using a Konus Pro M30 1-4x24 .

It's a really great scope for the money with good adjustments and a 30mm tube.

Opticsplanet.com sells them for 188 US$.

I have the old version without target turrets (mine are capped) and without the bubble.

Best regards

Marcus

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.