Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a Bell & Carlson stock on their mini:
Are they worth the money? How is the fit, especially in the front end. My Butler Creek cheapie stock wobbles left to right if I push on it in the front end where it fits into the gas block. Thanks in advance for any replies!
-Grinch

·
Registered
540 Posts
I ordered one from Lock Stock and Barrel about 2 weeks ago.
http://www.lockstock.com/
There were the least expensive I could find (about $130 for a black one, extra $20 for tricks) And you can order any stock B&C makes. They don't list them in the catalog, you have to call and ask. Best to go to B&C web site and download the catalog to get the product # etc.
The downside is that they order direct from B&C and it takes 6-8 weeks! :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Grinch,
I know what you mean about the forend wobble of the cheap plastic stocks. I did find a very stiff forend on the old $40 Mitchell Arms Mini-14 stock. It has a very nice feel in the grip (more of a target grip), and the length of pull is about an inch longer w/ rubber non-slip butt pad. My only complaint....it's a little bulky in the forend. And the stock was too thick for the factory metal liner screws to work because they aren't long enough. I made some custom screws but one could counter sink the holes in the stock just as well.

Anyway it's a reasonably priced stock w/ a very stiff forend.
Talk to ya later,
Mike in Oregon

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just got my B&C stock (took about 6 weeks):(
It sure looks and feels nice though:)
Did a test install and yes that front end is TIGHT.
I jammed the stock liner on it and forced the gas bloc on it and it does now go together (barely). Seems to function OK but haven't fired it yet. (going to send it off for a new barrel etc).
I'm not sure if all this forcing is good idea, but also not sure how much sanding would be enough - how tite is too tite?:confused:

The magazine well is tight too. I'll definetly need to sand that out so the mag will not bind on the stock.

I think the length of pull is too long (14 inches), and I could've ordered with a shorter one but I thought I'd like it standard. It'd be great if I were hunting with it but its for my Kalifornia AR project and it needs to be compact.
I going to swap out the 1inch pad with a 1/2 incher and that should be cool:cool:
:ar15:

·
Registered
540 Posts
So I spend a few bucks to put a shorter recoil pad on the B&C and now I get serious with my set up.
This is for my standard rifle so only iron sights will be used.
So now here's my problem - the comb is too high! When I bring it up my line of sight is way over the rear sight! I really have to scrunch down to get the sights lined up. I swapped back to the standard stock and its much lower and better.
I think this stock would be better for a scoped rifle, but if I wanted to put it on my ranch, I'd like to have the full length of pull of the original set up.
That being said, who wants to by a slightly modified B&C stock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts