Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ruger dudes, I am interested in "beding-in" my factory barrel for greater accuracy (or that's what they say anyway). I want to do it on the original factory stock. I have not clue-one what to do, or if I even can do it myself. Can you old salts give me some step by step instructions on how to go about it. I'm no gun smith and don't even have a work-shop (condo-dweller, nice hot-tub though). I have a mini 30 - I think SN#189XXX or there abouts. Addicted to tinkering, thanks

DTKOATP:confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Listen Sonny! You better do you homework before making posts like this! :mad:
OK I'm just kidding, :D but in all seriousness there are several good posts in the Accurizing section
See "Rifle Bedding"
and "Stock Bedding"
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops, I'm just lazy I guess. Is the process prtetty much the same for the 30 as for the 14?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Its true when you see that there ar 1000's of posts here its a little overwhelming.
Effectivly, the mini 30 and the mini 14 are pretty much the same. So the operating system, action, trigger all that are the same design with variations due to the larger caliber.

Now accesories are a different matter. I don't have a 30 so I'm not too sure about after market stocks muzzel brakes etc
Aftermarket magazines are tough, look at the magazine section for some exiting discussion on mini 30 mags.
Good Luck!

:ar15:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey there SP, A step by step for beding your stock would be way long. I had never seen a bed job so was reluctant to just jump in and try it, so I ordered the mini-14 bedding video form NW Shooter support. It is not a Hollywood production by any means, but a 2 hr. down home video on bedding the mini. Mike does a good job keeping the camera right in there as he beds a mini. After watching the whole thing I felt very confident to try. I did, and it came out great. It shrank down my groups, about 3/4 of an inch plus it got rid of the flyers. Mike also shows how to change out the gas bushing, which really reduces the recoil. The video is $15 which includes shiping. When you get the Brownells Acraglas beding kit, I would recomend the Gel (the green box) it dosen't run all over the place. You can reach NW Shooter Support at:
[email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
:sniper:

POOP

When you call Mike for the information on the bedding you should ask about the gas bushing kit he has been working on, It'll
help the recoil.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts