Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Butler Creek folding stock for my Mini-14 and I want to put the swivel mount/ screw of the wood stock on the BC stock. But when I took the BC screw off I noticed it has less threads (more space between threads) that the wood stock screw. Common sense tells me that if I put the ruger screw in the BC stock it will "strip" the grooves created by the original one. Question is, will this hold, when I use the sling to support the weight of the rifle? Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
83 Posts
Paul S.- I bought an Uncle Mikes sling swivel for my BC stock and it works great.... I you want to install the Ruger swivel/ screw in the BC I have a recomendation. I pesonally have never done this, but I have heard of this technique more than once with other synthetic stocks. You will need to drill out the existing hole in the BC to a diameter that is greater than the OD of the ruger swivel screw. Then fill the hole with the appropriate epoxy that will bond to the BC stock and dry hard ( you are gonna have to do some research on the type of epoxy. I don't know which is best for this application.) Then, after the epoxy dries you need to drill and tap for the ruger screw swivel. Then screw in the swivel and you're ready to go. If I was you I would just put the original stud back in the BC and get an Uncle Mikes swivel, it will be alot simpler.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Paul, I also have a Uncle Mike's Quick Detachable Swivels I picked up at walmart for about 5 bucks ( 2 in a pack ). They mount in seconds. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to remove the BC swivel screw? If ya hav ta, I kin hep ya, as I done, it ta airplanes fer yrs. ain't non of dem planes crashed yet! Is the BC a wood type screw (very course threads directly into the plastic ) or a machine screw screwed into a metal bushing? Don't drill anything out yet. I also need to know if the diameters of the screws are the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts